Unfortunately the pictures were hosted on a public server, but it looks like they've all been overwritten with other people's pictures. Well, I finally decided I'd put up with my Iiyama VM Pro 413 beige monitors for too long, so it was time to change their colour. Here's the culprits (the two on the right ), and a true black version of the monitors on the left. So, off with the cover! Quick test after discharging the capacitors with high power resistors for any high voltages... And then out with the screws. (one in each corner) The newer monitor (HM703UTA) had slightly different screws. The circuitry was also completely different. Well the CRT's in these monitors are really quite heavy and it was very difficult to lift the CRT from its position resting on the floor, so using my thick dictionary... ...I put this under the screen to enable me to slide the front cover down a bit so that I could deal with a small problem I found that would make it impossible to remove the PCB and CRT from its position on the floor: Two pieces of plastic were preventing me lifting the CRT and PCB out because it was catching on the degaussing cable. When I first noticed this, I felt the only solution was to dismantle the monitors properly, and remove every cable so the PCB became free from the CRT, however, after resting the CRT on the dictionary, it was possible to slide the cover underneath the CRT enough for the two pieces of plastic to clear the degaussing cable, and out came the whole assembly in one go...? ...nope, two goes! Here's the casing: Next all the buttons need removing. They were just held in place with a small amount of hot glue. Bath time!! It's important to make sure the plastic is clean and free from dirt, according to the tins of "Halfords Flexible Vinyl Paint", so I gave all the plastic a good scrubbing: Scrub scrub scrub: (you can just see to the left one of the pieces of the monitor being rinsed in the shower cubicle) And then they had to be left to dry... Here's the black dye... And then to start spraying. Light thin coats... Bit more after 30 mins... Then the parcel force bloke arrives, and tries to put me off my work by delivering me some goodies... So I quickly put my new processor in this PC, played around overclocking it, modded the keyboard for tok3n and wrote a guide, and then back to spraying! Getting darker!! And after a few more coats, it was time for me to have a rest and get some tea. More coming tommorow!