Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ocelot, 15 May 2013.
Oh boy this case looks sweet. Almost factory made. Top notch work there. Sub-a-dub-dubbed
Powder coating is pretty thick, so the finish on the bare metal doesnt have to be very good at all. IIRC I dropped mine off with some nasty scratches, and asked them to give the parts a very quick sanding and they used an electric sander of some kind and all was good. Obviously though, if you give them a well sanded product it will be all the better.
One thing I didnt think of at the time, all the holes you've got will also get noticeably smaller, I had to redrill all the holes on my chassis after powder coating, which wasnt a problem for me, but maybe you want to go 0.5mm larger and avoid that problem
It's hard to give feedback because you are doing great.
Amazing work! Keep going!
Great design and project log! Rarely do such things combine in one project.
Spectacular!!! The amount of work you're putting in is exceptional..
Wow, so damn nice work
But why didnt you cut the wholes for the aquaero direct into the top? without the original cover.
Would look much cleaner
Great work there dude. How I wish I had that sort of equipment.. One day
So many scratch builds involving aluminum bending. I probably have to try it myself at some point.
Your work is really high quality! Great job!
fantastic work with this aluminum !! You seem to have great tools
Wow, lots and lots of work here. Very well done to you Sir!
Really nice and clean job!!!
Great work, (I covet your workshop!) a few things I've learnt when working with metal especially ally are don't scribe deep measurement lines as they are a pain to polish out and I cover surfaces in lots of masking tape if I'm worried about them getting too scratched.
As you've discovered bending brakes require some trial and error to get right and the bending capacities specified for some of them are a bit enthusiastic, does your brake have an adjustable top blade so you can adjust the distance between the folding edge and the top blade, I can't quite see in your pictures if there is an adjustment slot, my brake has this adjustment slot and you move the top blade back or forward and set it to the thickness of the metal to allow for the bend radius.
adjustment slot on right arrow of picture set to the metal thickness between the two arrows.
cool build, nice festool jigsaw as well. love festool pr0n
Real nice! Is a bit reminiscent of an EVGA hadron, or an old school Lian Li... but nicer
respect for the hard work that it take to do this subbed
Very neatly done. I like builds like these.
Very impressive work so far. Looking forward to seeing what else gets crammed in there!
Very, very neat work!
The build is coming along very nice, impressive progress and it looks really good
I just love seeing those little inventive methods modders use, like how you made the lower gpu bracket, good stuff
Separate names with a comma.