1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Best 140mm Case Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gtiboy, 4 Feb 2016.

1. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my Silverstone Fortress FT02 case with the Fractal Define R5.
    I want to replace the case fans with either of the following..

Noctua NF-A14 PWM Fan

Fractal Design Venturi HF-14 1200RPM Fan

Corsair AF140 Fan.

From your experiences, what would the be the quietest whilst pushing the most amounts of air?

Thanks

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I personally favour the Bit Fenix 140mm spectre fans, not on your list but it's all I put in my machines these days. I have 3 in my machine now and the only one I can really hear is the 120mm stock corsair fan attached to my H80i.

Review conclusion

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I use the BeQuiet Pure Wings 2. While they're not top performers for airflow they're not far behind and they're really quiet.

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

5. doyll

doyll Minimodder

The Phanteks PH-F140SP or if you want to use PWM the PH-F140XP are both quite good. My go to fan for years has been Thermalright TY-14x series fans. Great performance and very quiet doing it. But they are increasingly hard to find and do not come in a square frame. I've modded them to fit in several Define cases and help others use them in Define cases. If you want quiet I suggest you have the case fans on automatic control same as CPU and GPU. This way they supply air as need by components without the chance of operator error or running faster than need be.

6. zulu9812

zulu9812 What's a Dremel?

Apache Black 140mm pwm

7. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

My preference is the Corsair AF140 quiet editions - I like the fact that you can change the colour rings and I've always found them to be nice and quiet too :thumb: