1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best all in one for 220W

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by BadHead, 9 Sep 2013.

1. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

Hi,

I have recently seen that AMD has released a FX9590 running at around 4.2GHz - 5GHz, depending on load. However, the stated TDP is 220. This is a lot and right at the limit of what my current air cooler can provide. Therefore, I am thinking of finally making the jump to water-cooling. However, I am only prepared to go for a single radiator ready made, all-in-one as I would hate to think what would happen should I try and construct a loop myself. I'm not that much of a handy-man.

Therefore, I would like your opinion on the best and most suited All-in-One that is capable of cooling a CPU with 220W. Any help would be gratefully received.

I have considered a Zalman LQ320 with 2x 120 Fans. This set up would be placed at the rear of the case, expelling air out of the computer. One fan either side of the radiator. One pushing air through the radiator, the other fan would be pulling air out of the radiator and out of the computer. Would this be OK for a 220W CPU?

Ta.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Any single rad AIO is likely to be competing with a high end air cooler for cooling performance. To beat the temps of a high end air cooler I'd be looking at either a dual rad AIO or thinking about a custom loop. A custom loop is easier to put together than you think but a lot more expensive than an AIO if you buy decent components.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

you could get a custom loop kit with all you need to cool the cpu plus a bay reservoir. it would be easy peasy