1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Best Cheap Modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cookie! nom nom, 6 Mar 2023.

1. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

Hay guys,

I am looking to upgrade from my nowtv router to some a little better, As you can tell from me being with nowtv I'm a cheapskate so looking to upgrade on a budget. I'm currently living in a mid size two bed so hopefully range wont be a issue. I've found a few on Amazon I'm interested but to be honest they are very limited on reviews off amazon. Has anyone experienced the following? And if not what would you recommend i go with?

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've only had TPLink stuff so can only really offer a viewpoint of their kit - it's pretty darn good. Easy to set up and it just sits there doing its thing.

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Mercusys is a subsidiary of TP-Link, their budget offering I think. So should still be decent. I'd choose TP-link as well as their stuff is generally rock solid and easy to setup.

4. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

I recently bought a Mercusys mesh system which has been working great. No experience with that router but I can rep their wireless gear in general.

5. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Have you considered going second hand? there are loads of good TP Link options going cheap on various market places, I would personally look to try and pickup a cheap mesh pair - something like the Deco?