1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best headphones for <£20

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cerberus90, 27 Sep 2015.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

My Sennheiser OMX52s are starting to give up the ghost, one of the cables has split and the wires are exposed and the plug is falling apart.

So looking for a replacement, can be in ear or over ear like the OMXs, but no more than £15-20.

What should I be looking at?

Cheers

2. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Already got a set of headphones like that (senn hd-201), want some in ear or ones like my omx52s (which each one clips onto your ear)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Thanks, given me a few options to look at.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just been to PC World today and picked up a set of CX475 for £20.

Ended up having to take them back as they sounded appalling. No bass whatsoever, very tinny and a fair bit of static when paused. Got a replacement and tried them in the shop and barely any improvement, so got my money back.

Suspect it's because of the tiny little drivers in them as all in ears have gone so small now, so I'm stuck with a set that may stop at any time now, :D

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Strange I have a set of them and they sound great.

I suggest that the source might be to blame if you can hear static through them :worried:

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I was using my phone (Moto G) as I don't bother with my MP3 player anymore. Other sets of headphones sound fine on my phone though, odd. Maybe they've got a bad batch or something.

At £20 I wasn't willing to keep them and then probably end up not liking then not using them.

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I have Philips 3590 which I got in Tesco for £6 and I am blown away by the quality at that price point. Bass is fantastic, and they are extremely comfortable, unlike some more expensive brands I've used in the past. I have a good mind to buy another pair or two just to have on standby!

Cerberus90 likes this.
  10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just been out and got some. At first they only had one set of pink ones left in the headphones section, but then on the way out, saw an end aisle with some headphones on, and a set of the black ones was on there, no price label or anything so someone must have just put them in the wrong place.

I can barely tell any difference between these at £6 and the CX475s at £20. Bass is a bit better than the sennheisers, overall sound clarity might not be quite as sharp on the philips, but it's very negligible, and there's no static when music is stopped on the philips.

Can't complain at all for £6.

Cheers Lenny.

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Another happy customer - glad you got them! :thumb: