1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Best internet websites to buy PC gear from?

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 23 Dec 2008.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Hey guys,

Which websites do you trust and buy stuff from? Im talking PC related stuff, from Routers, to memory, to blank DVDs etc.

List ones you have used more than once that have been great service, also list ones that havnt done so great to help me know who to avoid!

Your help would be appreciated!

-Solidus

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

ebuyer are absolutely top, closely followed by Scan.

ebay for little things.

Tech-heads (or something like that) managed to get my my DFI mobo when noone else could, so props to them.

3. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

yeah, ebuyer is quality. it's the only place i buy from online, seeing as i can pick up most stuff cheap from the local independent computer shops around here.

heard scan is good too, but i've never used it.

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

i use www.overclockers.co.uk as they are really helpfull and friendly there
    or
    Scan for the same reasons

i use which ever has the bits i want for less over all when i am building really

5. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Normally use aria because they're prices are dirt cheep and if anything breaks I can always pop down in the car since its only a 15 min drive away. If they don't have what I need I'll use overclockers. I know the get a bad bit of press off you guys and i've heard the returns are a right pain in the arse, but i've never had any problems.

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

i have never had problems returning things to overclockers they are reall helpfull an friendly abou it

7. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I love Novatech, they're cheap, fast delivery (and free for the mostpart), and I've never had a problem with customer service, ever :)

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Atm I'm using Aria and microdirect a lot, but I'm only 5 minutes from both, so it's better than paying £6 or so for delivery.

After that, I keep testing fate by using OcUK. I've used Scan, ebuyer and dabs, which are all great too.

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Overclockers and Microdirect.

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Tekheads, Ocuk, ebuyer and novatech are my usual haunts ive always had really good service from them all.

11. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

They just ignored all requests from me for a return, which was nice of them.

I usually use ebuyer or dabs depending on price/availability.

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I got to Liata, my friend's dad owns a business and has been going to her for years, so when the e8400 was first released, she was able to get me it for only 190 when it was retail around 250... She also got my 8800 GT for 199 instead of 249... The one I go to is about 15-20 min away, and the owner always hooks me up. She's a direct distributer so she gets things and re-sells to smaller shops... Most thinks she special orders in and has it there within the week, no extra charge... I find local shops the best because they'll go out of their way to help you out, and if your loyal, you'll get better prices.

13. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I have only ever used scan. All my stuff came quickly and I had no problems RMAing anything yet (fingers crossed). Also my Uncle, who runs a IT business swears by them.
    Even when their prices are slightly higher it still order from them as I know that I am getting good service.

14. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I use ebuyer and scan. and never had any problems with either. Nowdays I use which is cheeper but ebuyer have given me the best service :lol:

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Aria and Ebuyer are my two retailers of choice.

Overclockers are an epic fail tbh.

I once tried to order an LG monitor which they consequently stopped selling a week after I ordered it. Instead of letting me know this was the case they completely ignored my order, repeated phone calls to find out what was going on and countless emails. In the end I had to write to them in letter to get a refund which in the end came about a month later. Totally sickening customer service. The great shame is their prices are normally really good and they have a brilliant range of products.

Novatech were the local for me a few years ago and never really liked their walk in customer service. Mediochre pricing too in my opinion - I would only use them out of convinience.

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I used to like Scan but their stock control has got ridiculous now so I don't use them anymore, Novatech where I can pick up from, or Amazon

17. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

ebuyer and aria for mainstream stuff. Over-clock.com for cooling gear, there's no way you can beat their customer service...

RwD

18. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

I mainly use ebuyer or a company called lambda-tek. Never had to return anything to lambda-tek so can't comment on returns, I got my stuff when they said I would. They also have a handy feature whereby you can build a computer and it ensures all parts are compatible and you just select the items from a list and then get a final total for the whole system instead of having to browse loads of pages looking for items. Also if they don't have an item in stock they give a list of sites which may have it in stock.

Where I used to work we used Dabs, VIP Computers (might be business only) and some others which I can't quite remember.

Don't forget to check out price comparison websites like ciao and pricegrabber if you want better prices. Better service not gauranteed (that don't look like the right spelling, oh well)

19. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

SCAN,only 10mins drive away and easy to take stuff back.Never had a problem since started going in 2001 and the today only saves a few £ now and then.Only gripe is Q collect,stuff never seems ready for you when you get there to pick it up.Used ebuyer before but been put off by bad customer service.Dont know if its changed now though

20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

We should turn this into a poll between aria, scan, ebuyer, overclockers and novatech, the thread's basically the same 4 suggestions in varying combinations all the way down :)

It depends largely on whether you're in the UK or the US, as many stores are US-only and people forget about it.