1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best Keyboard and Speaker combination for £100?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hoffs, 6 Jun 2009.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

I'm looking to update my peripherals on my laptop. My laptop spends 80% of it's time on my desk and I spend most of that time playing games, listening to music and internet browsing

I want a pair of speakers to fulfill my music needs. I thought a few weeks ago that 5.1 would be the best "because there are more of them" but now I think that high end ish 2.1 > low end 5.1

I've seen the Logitech Z-4 and they are around £44 on Amazon which is a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ouseplant-21&gclid=CMe5t-Xg9ZoCFYEI3godoWx4ew

As far as Keyboards go, I run on a dual screen setup. And I find that when gaming, I have to take longer breaks then normal when doing long sessions because of eye strain by sitting to near the screen. So by using a external keyboard, I would be further away from the screen and therefore prevent eye strain

So I LOVE the look of the Razer Lycosa and on scan it's £53 which brings my total under budget

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Raze...00180600-R3W1-Non-slip-Rubber-Backlit-Keys-UK

What other speaker and keyboards would you suggest?

Appreciate your help

Last edited: 6 Jun 2009
  2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

minus the price difference, how do the x230's compare with the z-4?

thanks for your keyboard suggestion

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

X230's are more powerful, apparently they aren't as clear as the Z4s though as the bass is overpowering (sometimes, that CAN be a bad thing :eek:).

I have the Z4s, they are simply excellent. Buy them! :p

So that leaves a budget of £50 for the keyboard.. This Saitek gaming keyboard is backlit and £37

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Creative T20's would be my choice for speaker, after that keyboards are pretty subjective, but £50 sounds like a mad amount of money to spend on one.

6. weeez

weeez What's a Dremel?

7. bagman

bagman Minimodder

i would go for logitech z4 and a logitech g11 or g15 both very good keyboards

8. weeez

weeez What's a Dremel?

The Z-4's are even better

9. IDave

IDave What's a Dremel?

I just bought a set of Z-4s after many recommendations, they have not arrived yet tho.

Got mine from Scan for £52 with free delivery. Unfortunately that means i have to wait up to 5 days to receive them.