1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Best Metal to work with

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mutznutz, 15 Jan 2008.

1. mutznutz

mutznutz Cos Ive got a beard u label me evil

Thanks for all the help you guys are giving me, almost ready to start the project log just need to finalise the designs etc

My question is ... as my case is so pants I'll be cutting the case (its a steel case afaik) and may need to add some metal work to it

Does it matter the metal I use i.e. alu or steel and is one easier to work with then the other

I've done more work with wood then metal at the moment

Many thanks

Andrew

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Aluminum is weaker than steel and much easier to work with. It also looks decent without any finishing. Plain steel doesn't really look all that nice.

3. gnidnu

gnidnu Beware of the Tofu!

Aluminium is way easier to work with than steel and weighs less. Also keep in mind that steel might get rusty. And bending steel - in case you consider doing that - can be quite difficult. As you have a choice, you should go for aluminium.

4. Rebourne

Rebourne New Member

Meshuggah!

5. mutznutz

mutznutz Cos Ive got a beard u label me evil

Not a big fan of swedish metal tbh :D

I've been having a think and I'm going to try the aluminium route, at the end of the day as its a first proper modding it'll probably be pants no matter what I use hehe

Many thanks y'all