1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Best mouse for about £15 ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by penryn 2 hertz, 23 Sep 2011.

1. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Hello bit-buddyz :D my dad is in need of a new mouse for about £15 eny idea's. I would be very grateful?...

2. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

Wired or wireless?
    Gaming or normal Windows desktop use?

There's toooooonnes to choose from :)

3. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

Wired preferably with 1600dpi as he only dose web surfing his old mouse is (Gigabyte GM-M6880).

4. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

I know wou asked for wired preferably, but i have a wireless mouse and it is amazing. It does cost about £21 from scan but i am amazed by it. It is silent, the only noise you hear is when you click the 4th bgutton the side.

microsoft 4000

[​IMG]

5. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

I like this mouse, but unless your dad has unusually tiny hands it is no good for desktop use. It is a great mobile mouse that I use on a day to day basis but it is small, not unusually so for a mobile mouse but definitely for a desktop mouse. It is *edit* much */edit* smaller than it appears on my 14" screen in that photo.

6. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Logitech Corded Mouse M500 £25 well worth the money

[​IMG]

Or a Cyborg V.3 USB at £22

[​IMG]

7. t4n6o

my hands are quite big as it is and the mouse fits my hands quite well

8. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

What are you trying to say, that it is full size? Well it's not... here's Microsoft's description of the mouse:

And personally I find the mouse comfortable, just not for extended periods of time. It is too small, you end up pinching it more than holding it. My desktop mouse conforms to my palm. The Mobile 4000 only has enough room for my fingers and my palm drags behind the mouse, or if I put my palm on top, my fingers extend way beyond the front of the mouse and I click with the second knuckle of my finger rather than with fingertips. Battery life is good, not stellar, and tracking is good. The scroll wheel is smooth rather than ratchet-style which I don't mind, but it's not for everybody.

These are facts about the mouse, I don't know why you are trying to represent it as a desktop mouse to someone who may or may not buy online and not realize that they are getting a mini-version of what they actually want. I feel silly even posting this about a stupid mouse but:

a) you put that gigantic picture of what is in reality a small mouse
    b) you argue with me and say it fits your 'large' hands well when all I say is that it is small/meant for travel/not what the OP is looking for unless his dad is a hobbit.

[​IMG]

9. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I spent £26 signing up to pcgamer for 6 months and got a free Mionix Naos 3200 which is pretty good mouse I use with my laptop at uni..

10. t4n6o

I never said it was full sized, i said that my hands were quite big and i dont have a problem with it as it fits my hand - i never said it fitted in my hand as my hands are bigger tyhan the mouse i was meaning that for what i use it for (net, gaming, general PC stuff) its fine for me - works well in fact works so well that if i have my palm on the table i never have to move it to get the cursour all round my 40" screen