1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Best PS3 bundles?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ChriX, 11 Apr 2008.

1. ChriX

ChriX ^

Pretty sure I'm going to pick one of these up in the next week or so, so anyone know of any good bundles? Don't want to spend much more than £300, so after the most for my money.

GT5P is a must, BR discs are good, would also like Smackdown vs Raw and Burnout Paradise.

The best I've found so far is at Dixons. Which seems to have now sold out as I've gone to get the details :blah: It was the GT5P bundle, with Burnout Paradise and Fifa Street, with a play/charge cable for £314.99, which could've been sweetened by various vouchers/Quidco.

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Wait a bit longer and you will have your choice between GTAIV bundle and MGS4 Bundles which should be coming soon.

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

GAME do bundles with GT5 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for £309. Seems the best deal around at the moment imho - although I actually got the same deal for £299 and then they put the price up the week after.

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

Zavvi do PS3 + GT5:p and a Blu Ray of your choice for £300

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

and with a virgin credit card you'll get 10% off that, ergo £270.

6. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

some people have managed to get 10% off at virgin with their student cards too (its not meant to apply to consoles)

My student discount seems to work if i add a console too my hmv online account too, so if you are studenty or know one that might be worth a bash

7. ChriX

ChriX ^

Ta all, looks like I might have to go shopping. Urgh.

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

HMV now do student discount on consoles. If you got one or know someone with one then you can make a great saving there.

9. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

What is the deal with HMV student discounts though? They used to require an NUS card which they scanned, but now they've changed it, right?

I don't even have an NUS card, but I do have a university library card - Any good?!

EDIT: Just googled it:

:eyebrow:

10. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

for my card they just wanted some picture id with an NUS logo on it... so a library card probably wont do...
    dunno if theyve really stopped giving them out, i picked one up fairly recently...

11. ChriX

ChriX ^

In the end I got the GT5 bundle from Dixons online for £289.9, with a £10 voucher so £279.9, and Quidco too which brings it down to about £271. :) I'm now hunting used games on eBay.

DVD.co.uk seem to be the cheapest for extra controllers and the BRD remote - it's only £15.88 delivered!

Although it hasn't arrived yet, my PSN is chrisys - add me! :D

12. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Maybe it's different for other universities, but my library card has both my picture and an NUS logo, so it's all kosher. I'll have to go and find out from the shop I guess...