1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best Wired Gaming Headset Under £300 for star citizen?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbowbridge, 16 Feb 2014.

1. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Not sure about this one. It is very unconfortable for big heads (too narrow), the sound stage is narrow too and bass are too deep IMHO. While it is good for the price, it's nowhere near an hifi headphone.

2. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I use a JDS Labs cMoyBB, which costs about £45 + customs/vat to buy from the US.

I think it sounds great, and it should couple very nicely to the line-out from a Xonar card or similar.

As for the HD202's, they have lots of bass but it's not particularly well controlled bass. They make a good impression on people used to tinny, cheap sound, but unless you're specifically looking for lots of bass in that specific price range I wouldn't recommend them. The Superlux HD range is similarly priced and can be very good.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

What hi fi reviews lol.

4. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Just use the headphones that came with your phone. That's all you'll ever need, and anyone who thinks differently is probably ÜberHitler x 1000.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

With my creative creative tactic sigma 3d's on their way out after 3 years of abuse (the microphone craps out, the band is too lose, sound quality is decent enough) I've decided to use my Sony ZX700's which sound MUCH better. With the advise of the hifi site, I decided to spend $3-4 bucks on some el-cheepo clip-on mic, that is apparently a crap ton better then the zalman clip-on mic that a lot of people recommend. I also ordered some brainwavz m5 replacement pads as the stock sony ones are VERY shallow, making them uncomfortable after wearing them for a few hours.

On the other hand, my neighbour had the model down of the creative headset I had, and he just replaced them with an Asus Orion headset, and his mic is much better, and he says they sound a crap ton better. He is also using onboard audio.

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-

got a mic tonight, need a external audio interface next.
    [​IMG]

8. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Superb choice. Give it 100 hours of music playing and you should really start hearing how good proper headphones are.

9. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Good choice mate. As Bagman said, give it 100 hours of playing for the membrans to break in. My AKG K701 sounded just OK out of the box ....but 200 hours laters they were amazing, with wider and richer sound, a ton more details ....

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder