1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Beyond Good and Evil HD confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Sep 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

I never played the original, was it actually any good? I haven't played that many Zelda style games.

3. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

OH COME ON. The original PC version doesn't even work on modern PC's, even the GOG version has the audio go out of sync for me. The headline had me overjoyed but I'll just be pissed off without a PC version. Mind you, with that Ubi DRM maybe I can do without the remake. Sigh.

4. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Steam version working alright for me on my i5 750/ati hd4870/msi gd80 running Windows 7 x64. Was a good game, but I don't think updating the textures of the game is going to boost the sales of the game, since it is a 3rd person platforming adventure game which is niche on the PC.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Unless it has HD boobs and buttocks *cough*Lara Croft*cough* You never see anyone criticizing those.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Standard original disc version works fine for me on both XP, Vista and Windows 7...

7. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

The Steam version works perfectly and I'm sure the GoG one does too..
    The graphics don't bother me, what I'd love out of this though is native widescreen support.

8. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

@Mentai - are you running AMD? I had problems with that and a few other games that required a patch for AMD processors - the game was released in the single core era and has been known to have problems (along with several other games) with CPUs with more than 1 core. Can't remember where I got the patch from, but it shouldn't be that hard to find.

9. banks1990

banks1990 What's a Dremel?

Soon we will be full of game remakes with "HD" behind the title...

10. Florian

Florian Minimodder

The controls in the original game already felt like a console port (which it probably was, considering that the PS2 version came out at the same time), so the HD remake can't possibly be worse in that regard.

And real widescreen support would be nice too. The original one just stretches.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'll get this for sure!

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Release it on the PC and fix the inverted mouse issue and I might give it another shot...

13. Grape Flavor

Grape Flavor What's a Dremel?

It's fantastic. I can't guarantee you'll like it but it's a great entry in the genre. I got the Steam version a month ago for $10 and it was great. Make sure to use the letterbox-removing registry entry at WSGF if you get it - you'll appreciate freeing up the display space, especially as there's no method of widescreen support.

You can try the demo if you want but it's pretty unimpressive. Teaches you the rudimentary gameplay and then bam, it's over before the game gets a chance to shine. It'll show you how well it runs on your comp though.

It seems a shame I just bought and finished BG&E and now one month later the remastered version is announced. Oh well, I had fun and who knows if this will come to PC anyway. At least this bringing this to current consoles might arouse interest in BG&E 2.

14. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

What would be the point in the HD release for PC when the game is already in 'HD'? There is a way to get it to run at 1920x1080.

15. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I already own an original release copy, but I will still buy this on PSN simply to support it. I would also encourage everyone else in a position do purchase it also (if it doesn't come to PC I mean) to show that there is still interest and drum up some support for the sequel.

16. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

"Beyond Good and Evil HD confirmed"

Excellent I thought, until I read:

"No price, PC version or release date have yet been announced for Beyond Good and Evil HD."

:wallbash: Will have to try the GOG or Steam version then...

17. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Bought this game 2 years ago I think, played only 30min or so... I was liking it, but I was having graphic artefacts with my HD4870 and after that with my HD5870... Even with new drivers... That annoyed me, so I never played it again... :(

18. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

If you played this game on PC at 1920 X 1080 then it's already in HD.

I'm sure the new console version won't look any better than a maxed out 2003 PC version.

19. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

If it's the same problem that Unreal Tournament 2003 has;
    Download ImageCFG.
    Backup your .exe before using this program.
    Stick imagecfg.exe in the folder with the *.exe file you want to change. Then use this command from a Command prompt window opened in the game's folder (change "game.exe"):

imagecfg -a 0x1 game.exe

20. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

@capnPedro

And does that work with Steam? I just downloaded the game again, and tried it on my mobility HD2600, and I still get some artefacts... But the worst is that the sound is wayyy of it's place... I don't know how to fix this :/

Tags: Add Tags