1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Beyond Good & Evil 2 cancelled?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Aug 2009.

1. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

This is so lame, i loved the first game.
    Hope this gets revived soon

2. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

After reading about Joe blubbering away over BG&E, I thought I should check it out. Bought it recently on eBay, installed it on my media PC and I'm waiting for some time to sit down play it.

If I could get it to work on my gaming box, I would have already played it, but Win7RC didn't feel like playing nice with it.

I love the big games, with fantastic graphics and effects, but I'm starting to think that it is the little games that offer a more challenging story (or even more challenging gameplay) like these that are being left behind. With production cost so high, rivalling or even exceeding film and television, it is only the blockbusters and their clones that are guaranteed to make money that are getting produced (see all the cancellations in the last year). What hope for the small, niche games? Would we have been satisfied if the game was made on a generic game engine that is cheap to use, or even on the original engine? I think Joe and many in this thread would have still bought it. Isn't this the sort of game that Steam was supposed to save, with digital distribution direct to customers.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Unfortunately, I think it was released a bit before Steam was a really big thing, though it is on there now in some regions.

4. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Sigh....This is Little Big Adventure 3 all over again

5. big kid

big kid What's a Dremel?

BG&E is my No1 game. The trailer for BG&E2 looked awsome. You cant tell me that games not coming out some time in the future.

6. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

7. big kid

big kid What's a Dremel?

Well,well. Lets hope ubisoft has given the green light. We need more games like BG&E out there.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ah cool.. still have to play the first one

9. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

I'm currently playing through the first one (finally). Not bad so far, and certainly a step up from the last three or four games I've tried.

10. skolapper

skolapper What's a Dremel?

Beyond Good Evil 2 cancelled

Ubisoft has disappointed me a lot in the last few years. It started with the deterioration of the quality of the Prince of Persia franchise after Sands of Time culminating in the very average reboot of the franchise on the new consoles. And then there is the new Rayman games on the Wii they dont even include Rayman anymore, which took one of the best platformers ever, and transformed it into a bunch of mini games. I wouldnt be surprised if they disappoint all of us by pulling the plug on Beyond Good & Evil 2, though I sure hope they dont.

11. thehippoz

played some of the first one last night in a vm.. it's actually playable in a vm

suprised it seems to be a pretty good game- those loot races in the cavern were fun.. got up to the second cavern

12. thehippoz

wow game is pretty amazing.. thanks I would have never played it- just beat the original a minute ago- what's up with peyj still wearing his boots in the alien lair? I had them in inventory =] a sequel would be perfect- jade having those powers would be very interesting

I can see where they have a problem though.. that pig with a wifebeater and no legs doesn't exactly scream serious game- a bartender cow.. I mean that's pretty creative but :D

the gameplay has the puzzle solving lacking in alot of other games.. like wolfenstien was a mel gibson film and when you open up the box you saw a piece of crap inside

13. bagman

bagman Minimodder

i have never played beyond good and evil, and i just saw the video posted by thehippoz and i have to say it looks awesome i would defonitly buy this game if it came out

Tags: Add Tags