1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BF 2142 servers struggling

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 24 Oct 2006.

1. Garside

Garside New Member

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Its not like this is new... I had all these troubles with BF2...

oh, hang a darn minweet! This is BF2!

3. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

I too had issues logging in this morning but that's because the logins are hosted by gamespy (as far as I know) and that was down for maintainence. As soon as it came back it was alright. Perhaps its tied in with this?

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

<Nelson Muntz> Haw Haw </Nelson Muntz>

fakeedit: Screw EA

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Yeh this is bugged as hell this game is, i wont lie.

My rank is gone although it says its there in the bfhq screen but in game its reset. Its very annoying.
    Also theres constant lag on the titans aswell as horrible graphical clipping if you die on the titan as your body seems to roll on the floor as the titan moves, incredibly bad coding.
    Not just that but stupid little bugs like, if your inbetween a wall and a zepplin carrier and you run into your zeppling or against it, you are automatically killed. Not to mention the stupid ways you die if you eject out the carriers at low altitudes ~(perhaps this isnt a big but comon man you shouldnt die for that?!)

Its horribly bugged this game.

6. flabber

flabber New Member

The game plays well, looks pretty good, and the sound is nice too. But that's where it stops. The game's resolution is weird to say the least, not enough options on AA, Bloom and such important settings. And now the real game has even more Issues then Sony's PS3 and Windows Vista put together?

Sorry EA, but I think you have a problem on your hands.
    Give people what they pay for, and not only software-wise. If people put down more money for a 1600x1050 20" monitor, let them play at that resolution. And for crying out loud, give people a solid piece of software/server. :(

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i play games just fine...no crash...no loosing awards (i didnt play on day-zero..i played on friday last week), 4xAA is good enough... HDR is enabled by default...

only Titan lag on some servers.... but other than that, its a blast...

sureee...theres a little bug here n there, but most game have them... they'll patch it up.... as usual lol

plus im playing at 1680x1050 resolution on my Samsung 205BW......

yes, i see people has been having issues, but there's probably couple hundreds people, while 16,000+ has been playing just fine accoridng to the leaderboard....

oh well :) here we go again...

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

shame Ryan didn't screen cap the inbox with all of these emails - it was rather comical. :hehe:

I'll try and register my copy of BF2142 later - I think I'll be doing so with an inbox that I never plan to use...

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

EA are right, they must do this, this is the correct way to do things, we are sheeps, they proved it once with BF2 and now they re-prove it with this cra*, if people did not buy cra* games like this then EA would start moving and do good stuff......

10. Omnituens

Omnituens New Member

Bugs I've seen:

Server Crashs
    No unlocks in game, have to log in and out to get back the ranks
    Sliding dead body bug (+can't get ressed) (from beta)
    clipping though floor after death (cant get ressed) (from beta)
    HUGE lag if a large number of people are on board a moving titan
    Knife hit detection is still broken (from BF2)
    Sentry guns can detect people though walls, and fires at them but doesnt this them (making them ignore the targets the can actually hit.)
    Heal icon when using med pack doesnt fill up correctly (from beta)

there are probably more.

oh and the stabiliser for the sniper doesnt do anything.

11. Monks

Monks New Member

Hold shift when scoped up to use the stabliser :hehe:

12. Djpuk

Djpuk New Member

I have never been as disappointed with anything as much as I am with this release.
    I will spare you all of the gory detail and rants (in summary though, corrupt pre-download, countless launch errors and CTD, graphics issues that are still not sorted) but suffice to say, NEVER AGAIN EA.
    :miffed: :grr: :wallbash: :sigh:

13. bort

bort New Member

I knew there was a reason I wasn't going to buy a new EA game within the first 6 months of release

its a shame we don't get paid for beta testing the dang thing for the first few months of initial release

14. Drexial

Drexial New Member

well, i knew i wouldn't regret not getting it right away....

15. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

The bugs that anger me the most are the insta-kill if you get too close to a vehicle and a solid object, the instant death if you eject from a copter and the fact that a buggy crashing into a full health tank causes your tank to explode.

The knife hit detection sucks, going on a titan is a lag fest, landing on a titan is almost impossible and the damage calculations seem way off.

16. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

wow you all installed this knowing about the spyware?

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

So, looks like they'll be serving dog kebobs at the release party, huh? Maybe they can get the recipe from Sony

18. Aankhen

Aankhen New Member

Teething problems? You wish. :p

19. i_dun_nv_u

i_dun_nv_u New Member

i'm not an EA fanboy, let alone who WOULD BE ONE. anyways, i find this article exagerating this whole EA server is down for so many days! or so many hours! firstly i will state this, EA servers have only be down yesterday for merely 30 minutes, that is not even an hour.

Not to mention, i know this is happening but the fact that people are losing their stats and awards and ranks is merely due to the point that they are joining poor servers. Servers that constantly crash, lag and are simply just retarding the system.

On the other note, I do feel the pain you feel in terms of creating an account. Let alone, my previous username in bf2 was fuglyfag and it was only recently did they ban these words. With this in mind, EA doesn't even have an article stating what words are banned, e.g. "profanity". This brings me onto the following point where EA fails to communicate with the public/gaming community.

20. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

I gave up on EA when they decided if you wanted to play at a resolution other than 4:3 you would have to hack the game...

Tags: Add Tags