1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF BC2 - Learn to Spot ffs!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Baz, 9 Mar 2010.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

BF:BC2 is awesome. It's super awesome. But you know what would make it MORE awesome? Lazy tards started using the Q key to spot enemies.

It's right there, between W and Tab. It's a split second press when you spot an enemy. You even get points for it ffs! But no, servers are full of people who refuse to spot enemies, leading to them sneaking around behind me and knifing my face off:duh:.

Learn to use Q, spot enemy everything, let me see where the enemy is so I can direct flaming tank/chopper/mortar/grenade/rifle death on them. Don't just shoot at them aimlessly like some skilless MW2 newbcake. It's a split second job and massively helps your team!

/rage

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

what's the grenade button as well.

I got a kill last night with mah rpg. point blank range. on an Abrahams. full stop. the whining which followed it was fantastic.

I r teh tankhunter.

3. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Need a stuff I hate in BC2 support group.

People playing recon, on assault, who don't even provide mortar support. You are worse than useless.

I hate you guys.

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I have to agree with people not spotting!

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

So thats what Q does. :D

Haha I are new to this game, awesome though!

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It's a shame that it is almost redundant in Hardcore as most people cannot be arsed to open the map to see the spotted enemy. (we run it without a minimap).

That being said, I could put it on... damned poll time again.

Spotting is simple, effective and useful. Agreed.

Also medic, who run by bodies and don't bother to revive....

7. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

Grenade is 'f' - but my first reaction is to hit 'G' :(

8. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

This was always my pet hate in BF2. If you see a sniper, spot him so your teams (numerous and mostly useless) snipers can engage him, if you see an enemy jet on your team mates tail, spot him so he can take early evasive manoeuvres, if a tank is rolling up to your last flag spot him so people can hide/reload their SRAW's/place C4....

Like you say it's not hard at all, takes less than a split second and is a huge benefit to the team, so why do so many ****tards refuse to pray ball?

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

well I am usually credit to team, I wait till someone takes a tank and i usually gun/repair for them.

Nothing like repping a tank in a fight with at/another tank and winning, those bonuses are pretty amusing. Until they bring everything to bear it gives us an edge over loner drivers who think they are invincible.

10. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Yer I don't understand why people don't do it.

The good thing about BC2 is the more you help your team the better your score, you dont need to be a frag whore to top the scoreboard, if you use the key skills of your kit youll help the team and get more points!. I'll try and kill anything moving, but if i'm a medic i'll make sure I drop kits and revive people too.

Noob tube + knife = cheesecake :thumb:

11. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I'm one of those hated snipers I'm afraid how ever i know how to play the role that benefits the team. Such as spotting everything that moves and calling mortar strikes in on tanks and groups of people. Im usually the top point scorer on my team and it makes me laugh how everyone else just runs straight in and gets there arse handed back to them on a plate.

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

haha i only rpg people if they really annoy me, or camp inside a house.

Thats if they kill the tank/apc i am in.

13. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I really liked the beta, but I swear they have changed how some of the weapons handle since then.

And the XM8 needs nerfing. Hard.

14. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

That's why they invented medics, you should try it some time. :p

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

So am I right in thinking I see an enemy/tank/chopper/jeep and I just hit Q and it'll appear on the mini-map....I thought I was going to get a little pop up menu screen like you have in BF2....

BTW, being an egineer is total class!!

SCAR w. Red Dot, and AT4 Cheesecake!!

16. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It lights them up like a christmas tree.

Even better: spot, hit them with a tracer dart, and get some homing missiles on them.

17. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Can i gripe in here? Yes. Good.

Balance is way off. Assault rifles should be much stronger, now that people are starting to unlock body armour it becomes incredibly obvious. A Colt pistol is more effective in CQB than a Assault rifle.

There are a shiteload of other issues that annoy me as a long time BF player though, the press knife to win button, the severely underpowerd main guns of tanks, the explosion splash damage or lack thereof (you can just bail out of an exploding tank/helicropter/jeep and survive unscathed) etc.

18. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Wait till you get the AK74-SU :) Best gun in the class without a doubt

19. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've already got it, unlocked the Uzi, just waiting for the PP-2000 or what ever it is..I keep finding myself going back to the SCAR though, have the Gold badge for that...

I also like that Semi-auto shooty....that's a LOT of fun to run round a flag just taking people out...

20. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

i don't only snipe i play what ever class is needed at the time. Half the medics in the game just sit back with the heavy guns and pump lead in from a distance. Atleast when im a medic i revive people. Try to anyway.