1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF BC2 - Learn to Spot ffs!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Baz, 9 Mar 2010.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

One factor is, iirc, mobility. Some let you run faster, some slower. I can't confirm that, though. On another note, consider magazine size. I use the Snaiperskaya (spelling?) because it seems to hold 10 (HC mode, can't actually see) as opposed to the 5 offered by other bolt actions. It should mean I can get 10 kills before having to reload, or in the case of sniper fights it gives me a distinct advantage when we each miss 5 shots and he has to stop to reload... possibly giving me enough time to take the easy way out and mortar him.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

That was rather interesting... although there are some discrepancies between the numbers quoted and the "stats" in game.

For example, the stats say that the M9 Beretta should have more power than the P443 (the 3rd pistol), however the numbers say otherwise.

Also, the stats state that the GOL Magnum Sniper has a faster rate of fire than the M24 Sniper although the numbers say that the M24 has a higher rate.

The numbers also effectively say that all shotguns are equal bar reload time.

4. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Thanks for the read smc8788 :) as far as recon goes I've really fallen in love with the GOL and the M95 both just seem to suit my style what ever that is lol

As for spotting...... one thing that bugs the hell out of me is someone taking the UAV flying straight into the hot zone on some flailing kamakazi mission and failing to spot anything :wallbash:

5. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Agreed on every point there! I unlocked my M95 this morning and I've been using it all day to get a feel for it and it *definitely* feels less accurate than the M24.
    It also feels as though the rounds from the M95 drop in altitude faster too, but that may just be a perceptual thing from the drop in accuracy.

I definitely find it harder to get kills at range with the M95 though. The penetration does seem to be a little higher for punching through the cockpit of Helicopters and plaster walls, but not enough to warrant the loss in accuracy, I think. :(

Are the stars for weapons just an e-peen/achievement thing or do they bring benefits to accuracy/damage?

I'm not really sure what this upgrade does. The description led me to believe that it automatically transmits my spots to everyone around me, but then I was always under the impression that it does that even without the upgrade. :confused:

I've noticed that with the Snaiperskaya too. :) Very handy in sniper vs sniper and my preference is between the M24 and the Snaiperskaya currently, but the Snaiperskaya's clip size seems to be a fairly situational benefit most of the time and the M24 seems to win on pure damage and accuracy for me.

One thing I'm curious about is how much of these perceived differences between the weapons are simply that - Perceptual and in our minds. :hehe:

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I also found the bullet drop for the Barrett to be "off"... very different to the M24 or at least that's what i perceived.

I don't see the point of the penetration tbh... i mean it's not like CoD where you're usually on a level playing field so punching through cover is useful... here i usually get higher ground so i can scope over multiple targets... and even then i prefer the "easy" stationary people, i already have a hard enough time calculating (guessing) bullet drop let alone having to factor in bullet "lag" time to compensate for where a person's running.

They don't bring any benefits, i just like it for the extra rank up points, Gold Stars are worth 5000 points which is around a quarter of what i need for levelling up (12->13).

Yeah, spotting someone transmits it to the whole team... at least it should do (and not just to the squad?). But what i got from the description was that it meant you no longer had to press Q to spot someone and it would do it automatically.

I dislike the Arrow crosshair on the SV98... just feels like it's less accurate too :(.

7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

The PC beta was a joke. I think it was to only stress test the servers. Games go gold way before they're able to be bought. The beta was over when? a week before it was available to buy?

Q to spot is just as broken as it was in the beta. I want my freakin team menu like in BF2!

It's funny how some are lauding this game as sticking to it's PC roots. No it hasn't. It's a console port through and through.

For all the things I hate about it, it's still fun to play :)

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

*sigh*

I am hesitating to make this official because I know I need to give it more time but... I HATE THIS !@%$#@? GAME

guns are crap, sound is crap (impressive but useless), netcode is crap, interface is crap. I'm utterly pissed off right now

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

^^THIS! :thumb:

10. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

I am going to disagree with all those who say they don't like and say, not since (ironically) BF2 have I sat for that long playing on one game. I like(d) MW2 and MW before that, but I never played for more than about 30 mins at a time, got bored and came back at another time. This I played for like 4 hours straight and it was immersive.

Maybe my taste in games is different, I personally thought Crysis was complete and utter toss, graphics nice, so what, looking out of the window is nice graphics, having to shoot people 56 times to kill them and guns that sound and feel crap. I thought it was pathetic.

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I use Q for quick weapon swap and have done since the old CS days in every game I play. Guess I need to find a new button.

And secondly, I ordered this from Play who sent it last thursday and it hasn't ****ing got here yet! grrrrrr

(not that I would have had any time to play it anyway mind you)

12. cotter

cotter What's a Dremel?

I played this for a couple of hours last night on the custom pc server. One thing I learnt, I cant fly. So thats me out of the choppers and uav as they all crash before any kills.

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

haha! nor me at times, gets me some bad rep on servers :p Lucky for me I don't bother now, got a mate whos a rather good with it. :)

14. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I know the feeling. I can handle the UAV and I can keep the Black Hawk airborne for a while (until I get bored and wish I was in the minigun seat) but I've never hit a target in the Apache or the Hind. :hehe:
    I'm better at taking down choppers than flying them (sniper rounds to the cockpit, om nom nom!).
    It'd be nice to have some means of practicing with the vehicles without wasting the resources of one's team in an actual round!

The temptation to use the Black Hawk for kamikaze runs is so, so strong..:worried:

15. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Played for a good long while last night. Slowly starting to get to grips with the game but I'm not convinced that apart from the graphics it's any better than bf2.

I preferred the kits in bf2 and I miss some of the better maps, although I'm glad to be rid of Kubra Dam (what an annoying map that was)!

Being a casual gamer too, I'm currently trying to gain things that came as standard in bf2 like med kits, shock paddles, ammo, engineer power tool which a bit of a pain.

16. cotter

cotter What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that is a bit annoying. Probably one of the reasons I still play COD UO mostly. Every player is on a level playing field.

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Well conquest is worse than BF2, you really feel the lack of a commander. Rush seems to be what the game's about, really.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

*points to number of C4 kills*

Tanks don't stand a chance against me; I can't even be bothered to play Engineer anymore as it takes 2 RPGs to kill while I can blow up a tank in one with C4. That said it was rather funny when I was attacking some guy with my RPGs, he thought he was safe so he started repairing so I promptly stole his tank.

19. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Mortars kill tanks too. :)

What I normally do on Rush is wait for my team to set off the MCOMs and then mortar them. Seems quite effective, unfortunately not many people are dumb enough to try to defuse while it's under mortar fire. :(

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

What I do is stand there like a fool with a medic behind me and attract gunfire while people set of the MCOMs. Of course, I don't try to but that's basically what happens :D

Or if things are going well I run around blasting people with my RPG. 32/12 last night using primarily my RPG. One thing I noticed, it's more efficient to ignore tanks and just blast players. 3-4 shots on a tank which people will probably just bail from, or one shot that kills two people standing by each other? Hmm. Screw team play, I wants me some kills! :rock: