1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics BF1942 + 9800PRO -> problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by papillon, 7 Oct 2004.

1. papillon

papillon What's a Dremel?

hi everybody, im new here :)
    im not sure this is the right place to ask, but here i go:

i have a problem with my shappire radeon 9800 pro when trying to load battlefield 1942. (I have had problems with nfs underground too, but i change the agp to 4x and it worked). The thing is that when i load the game, the screen looks bad, it only shows some lines, (well its hard to explain, english is not my first language :)). the thing is that i know the game is loading fine, i hear the music, and i can guess when its showing the logos, etc, (mainly for the colors, cause the screen as i said looks really bad. not black, but completely illegible). i can exit the game with the keyboard shortcut, and then it shows the desktop and everything is ok again.

i have seen that it only happens when i install the last game patch (1.6), if i just install the game from the cd, it runs ok.

i have uninstalled the drivers that came with the ati cd, and installed the latest catalyst drivers from ati website. I have also installed directx 9.0b.

the mobo is abit kv8pro 1.1, and proc. is amd64 3200, if that matters...

any help will be apreciated thanks :)

PS.- i havent updated the bios, could this solve the problem?

2. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

I suggest you goto the battlefield 1942 support Forum.
    www.google.com

other than that im not quite sure what it could be.
    If you can play the game on patch v1.0 but not 1.6
    The patch is screwed. I can play battlefield 1942 on my radeon 9800 pro But i get pretty bad lag because of my processor and memory .

- Brad :eeek:

Tags: