1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics BF3 memory issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Jeevus, 29 Oct 2011.

1. Jeevus

Jeevus New Member

Hey guys, hope you can help. Running BF3 on the system in my sig and with graphics settings on high and I kept crashing out with a DirectX error message (see pic).

[​IMG]

I then took AA, motion blur and HBAO off and although it happens less, it still happens. I have the latest Nvidia driver, the GFX card is at stock settings and when in game the card doesn't go above 80 degrees C.

Any ideas?

Last edited: 29 Oct 2011
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

3. Jeevus

Jeevus New Member

Thanks but it said I had a newer or equivalent already installed.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Well from your annoying, impossible to read pictures, it looks like you have very old drivers.
    Get the latest drivers from Nvidia website.

Be sure to go under Custom, remove anything that you don't need/use, and check the box to do a clean install.

5. Jeevus

Jeevus New Member

I updated to the latest driver two days ago and when doing so removed the old one before hand.

It was strange though after I ran the DirectX installer you linked I managed to play 3 full maps without any problems. I guess I will see how it goes.

6. AceRimmer77

AceRimmer77 New Member

I had that cash once with battlefield as I was joining a server, only happened the once and has not been an issue since. I have everything updated as well.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Does look a very odd error.

It could be a bug in the game, causing a texture to either be far too big, or something that's wrong with a catch block in the error processing code.
    Could also be a bug with the drivers and the game talking to each other, causing the game to think you've not got enough VRAM.

In the BF3 general thread, there was talk about people with 560ti cards having problems, what these problems are I don't know.

8. Jeevus

Jeevus New Member

I was playing most of the weekend and it only happened a further two times. I guess it will be something I have to accept and hope it can be ironed out with an update.