1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF3 Rematch - Bit-tech vs Aria cross community fight!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wyx087, 1 Feb 2012.

?

Please choose which date you could make it. (multiple selection poll)

Poll closed 27 Feb 2012.
  1. 19th February

78.0%
  2. 26th February

90.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I don't think it'll be real teams this time around and will instead be more of a mash-up of people on both sides.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

frankly, in terms of organising CPC side, it was a fail on my part. a larger server helps massively, and allows everyone to play.

Rider, don't worry if you can't get 32 players, it will be a mash-up, play for fun.

not sure about ranked/unranked though, ranked public server would mean randomers could join and taking up spaces for people on mumble. but then, im not that server's admin, it's up to votick and draca.

3. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

That's a good point about slots being filled if there's no password. Might also be worth trying some different gamemodes like TDM that night - I know the Aria guys like that mode.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'd leave it public if it's a random fun session, it may be that not all people turn up so the random people would help keep the numbers filled... if we do have a group of randomers taking up space, they can always be kicked (or temporarily banned to prevent them rejoining and constantly taking the spot) for an Aria/CPC member to jump in.

Another mode worth having a round or two on would be Squad DM.

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

So you can't have it passworded and leave it ranked? It has to be unranked if you use a password?

If that's the case I would vote to change it to unranked and have a password, at least to begin with. Otherwise an admin will have to spend most of their time kicking randoms who wander into the server, especially if you get a clan or something who want to play super competitively while we're just trying to have a bit of fun. I thought the whole point of doing a community night was that it was made up only of people from BT (and Aria), we tend to play with/against randoms on every other night of the week so it would really be no different.

Also, if the skill difference is really that big between the two teams as evidenced last night, perhaps completely random teams might be a good idea...?

6. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah BF3's server model means that you can't have a ranked server passworded, setting a password automatically makes it unranked. This is to prevent boosting etc.

Issue is currently Aria are not to keen on joining us (at least in full force) after the matches yesterday, so we'll have to gauge their interest in the coming days. Hopefully they decide to have a few friendly games - might be a good opportunity to test out TeamSync as well!

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I agree that the fun element is something that we need to encourage if we want to keep the Aria guys interested in playing with us; so a mash-up on our server instead of the planned outing this Sunday would definitely be better and I'm in for that.

Time to go MAV/Knife/Defib/Repair kill hunting! :)

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  8. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Make it into a mash up! And for the proper comp, I think guys should hop back onto BFBC2 and be shown how a real man fights...;)

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I may or may not attend! Depends on my girlfriend :) last night was fun. Orca/Fuss/Me/SmallAngryMan worked well together. Oh and my Claymores bwhahahahaha

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Round of pistol only next Sunday? :D

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  11. mkb

mkb Minimodder

btw lol, my nick ingame was BREALSY (not BREASLEY or BEASTLY). I had the same problem when i used to play compet CS1.6, everyone called me BREASLY so I changed my nick to mkb but it's too short in character length for BF.

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  12. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

How many times...
    ITS A BLOODY L NOT AN I !!!

/rage
    On a slightly unrelated note, have a look at this pic I took (before the match started):
    http://steamcommunity.com/longandmeaninglessurl

This was after being hit directly in the head from the basic sniper you get (the MK11). I swear BF3 trolls me. Also notice the profile name. Its not Iprob1!

MiNiMaL_FuSS and wyx087 like this.
  13. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I wouldn't feel so bad about it...You're new name is now Beastly, it'll catch on ;)

Same as Comfyasabadger....His new name is Comfyassbadger, and he seemed happy to have it ;D

ip rob, you did play BFBC2 with CPC didn't you!?...I could of sworn you did....

Sorry had to say ip.......;)

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Because Minimal Fuss can't say MrDomRocks He calls me MDRocks. I might just drop the letters and change my name to that or simply Rocks lol or drop Mr!

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  15. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Nope, never owned BFBC2. Was my aspiration to get it, but then BF3 came out.

16. wyx087

first post updated with videos :D

basically:

19th 16vs16 Results: Bit-tech 3, Aria 0

videos uploading....... (argh, rendering messed up. will have to re-do the other videos tomorrow)

Seine Crossing:

Very even round, being CPC guys favourite map, we were pleasantly surprised by the fight put up by Aria guys, flanking us and amazing ability to take out Draca’s tanks.

Relatively even game, with both teams able to flank often and cap points at other side of the river regularly. We were finding it hard to hold 3 flags, regularly getting flanked. But near the end, we found way to hold two bridges and won. Very good games.

[​IMG]

Damavand Peak: (Rush, 2 ways)

We were attacking in the first Rush round, almost everyone were assault and just ran at the objective. First few sets of objectives didn’t give us much problem because the battlefield is quite wide. Last objective was really close: we lost our first push, down to 40 tickets, final push clicked; Draca distracted them on the right objective while a small group of people went to left objective and managed to plant.

The defence round was relatively eventless, sorry I forgot to record. They first pushed on our left side, we put a stop to that, and then they ran down the right side. I think the key was that they didn’t use enough smoke to conceal and distract.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Caspian Boarder:

Caspian is Aria’s map choice, unlike a public game, everyone went for the objective, leaving the chopper unattended. So I took up the challenge and flew with Digi. We had good runs, managing to spot the SOFLAMs before they got a javelin on us. Can’t comment on rest of the game though as I only went around objectives and rocketing tanks.

[​IMG]

sorry for off colour video and screenshots. i forgot i had f.lux turned on.

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MDrocks just sounds better....mrDomRocks is way too long!

I did better than I thought! 8th and 9th place makes me feel fuzzy inside :) especially considering we have some very good players that play this game an awful lot, I'm very happy to be holding up the middle ground in a brilliant team.

Well done all.

Big shoutout to MDRocks, Stew and Orca, all my squad-mates, and we played a fantastic squad game, as demonstrated by the fact that all 4 of us scored well (Orca is also a fricking amazing pilot)!

Oh and everyone should +rep LPRob, he very kindly stood down when we were over subscribed and din't make a fuss about it, top chap.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2012
  18. wyx087

who was flying with Orca? looks like they were doing some very nice wing-man action, saw them both going after tanks and jet when i viewed my chopper video.

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

Re next week:

Why not passworded and unranked?

unranked is fun as nobody worries about their long term scores being affected, and everybody gets to try out all the guns. I'd say unranked encourages more fun and casual play (when it's not a match).

Big, mixed sides, mash-up, passworded and unranked.

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS: we are the champions.....we are the champions....no time for aria...as we are the championssssssssssssssssss of the world
    wyx087: loooooooool
    wyx087: post it, i dare ya
    MiNiMaL_FuSS: post it where?
    wyx087: on the forums

(tisk tisk wyx'y...not the mild mannered impartial voice of reason everyone thinks :p)

we are the champions.....we are the champions....no time for aria...as we are the championssssssssssssssssss of the world

MiNiMaL_FuSS: I've outted ur evil side in the bittech thread! muahha
    wyx087: damn steam chat

:)