1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BFBC2 GOL Rifle

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by torroray, 25 Oct 2010.

1. torroray

torroray What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

How do you aim with this rifle?

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

With the mouse.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

LoL

right mouse button will zoom in to give you a scope and a crosshair.

4. torroray

Hi,

yes but, theres a space in between. Theres no crosshair in the middle.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what monitor are you using? what resolution?

i remember there's a bug reguarding this, i think it happens with 4:3 or 5:4 monitors

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

[​IMG]

Like this?

Use another rifle. M24, just as good. Although I prefer the SV98 atm.

7. torroray

Yes.

When I play assault I got pick by this guy using this rifle time after time.

He seems to be good aiming from a distance

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

honestly ? Just play another game, you'll have more fun than trying to deal with all the bullshĩt of this game

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

What he said.

I just played a map ot two, there's a guy picking me off from insane distances, through foliage. I was taking potshots into it because I couldn't see anything, yet this guy got headshots everytime. Got pissed off in the end and quit.

I can't be arsed with that game anymore, it's just turned to ****. I'll be getting CoD:BO when it's released.

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

M24 was good till the game turned into rubbish...

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Nothing wrong with BC2, looking from where i'm standing.

12. torroray

I agree with what you are saying.

Maybe they just spend more time with the game to be able to predict what the rest trying to do.

When I get into these kind of situation I just quit.

I play because the rating/review say its the best MP around.

I just get tired of SP AI. After you play a few times you know how the AI will react.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

If you don't want to be sniped don't camp, keep moving

M95 Cheesecake

14. torroray

Funny how guys trying to avoid this.

They move like Mexican jumping beans.

I dont seems to know how to get the M95 to be accurate. I have to stay in a distance out of reach of those assault rifle.

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

That or zig zag back and forth

16. lizzienotveryhappy

lizzienotveryhappy where not to buy your it from

lol havent noticed a problem with this game, i have the punkbuster box ticked in browser though, havent noticed anything odd so must be effective or am i just naive:geek:

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

maybe you have low standards. It might sound insulting but that's not what I'm trying to be ;). If you did have high standards though, you would totally hate this POS game. It's sluggish and runs like crap on any PC, the graphic engine doesn't scale well at all and is very CPU dependant, SLI support is non existant, there is no lean, the game doesn't reg at all (this is the worst part), you can die from shots over a second after you get behind a rock or a wall, except for heavy tanks vehicules are useless, half of the weapons are not effective at all whereas some are way over powered, snipers (except the Barret) cannot even scratch helicopters, the game is all about camping, players play the medic class to use machine guns and not to heal people, the UAV controls are most of the time placed in the middle of the map where you get shot within seconds, camping, camping, CAMPING

I could go on like this for hours

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Like this?
    Any PC = yours?

Ah damn i guess i have to start hating the game now!

Name one weapon and i'll post a video of me owning with it.

Err yes it does?

Why should they? Helicopters are armored.

Don't use the UAV then? It's a tactical choice, nobody's forcing you.

No more than any other game.

Please don't.

JaredC01, [ZiiP] NaloaC and October like this.
  19. October

October Mariachi Style

I have occasionally died after rounding a corner but I put it down to my (usually pretty high) ping. Definitely haven't noticed any sluggishness, even when buildings are coming down around me.

My biggest problem with this game is the players, a team made up of 3/4 snipers absolutely sucks to either be on or playing against. However there's nothing better than being in a tight squad, either defending or attacking. Proper teamwork makes this game immense fun, I've spent many a night giggling away to myself at the awesomeness of a particular M-con takedown or defense session.

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Gotta say, knuck may be slamming on some points a bit harder than others would, but they are all valid problems, particularly for a AAA title in a respected franchise. The OP can't even use of the weapons because of a visual glitch, that's pretty sad.

The engine isn't the best. Great that it offers destructable land and visually looks nice, but it's quite CPU intensive as he says, and really does demand a lot for what it offers. SLI support is also a huge factor. A large developer like DICE surely knows that a significant amount of gamers use CF and SLI and that when such setups are disabled those gamers are severely limited in their graphical power. Support for multi-GPU setups should be standard in a AAA title.

Hit registration is also a well documented problem with the game, particularly early on. We've all seen the videos of people laying shots directly into an enemy and nothing happening, and we've all had moments of our own where poor registration causes hits to be lost. My personal story was firing all fifteen bullets from an M93R into a stationary target ~10' away and not landing enough shots to kill on hardcore mode. It's gotten better with time, but is still distinctly worse than many other shooters.

As far as gun/game balance, that's something that's always confused me. I've never understood the changes to the classes. Imagine for a moment what a medic is expected to do: Carry an wide array of first response medical supplies, defibrilator, means of communication to call in aid/Med-evac, sprint across the battlefield to apply treatment to wounded soldiers and potentially carry wounded to safety. Now where does carrying a massive and heavy LMG along with hundreds of bullets fit in? And aside from how unrealistic it is, how does that sound balanced? The one who can heal and ressurect also has the biggest gun? And it is indeed a big gun, LMGs are not weak weapons in this game and allow the Medic class to have anti-infantry capabilities that often surpass the other three classes.

So Medics are now professional weight lifters, UAVs are controlled by computers just sitting out in the middle of nowhere, and ammunition crates carry infinite amounts of supplies for any gun imaginable. Hmm. What's so bad about letting other snipers shoot helicopters? I'm pretty sure in the movie Shooter Mark Walberg uses an M24 to shoot down a helicopter. That sounds real enough for this game!

knuck likes this.