1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFBC2 & Steam voip

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by L Plates, 11 Mar 2010.

1. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

Recently played a couple of games joining people on Steam voip which is great. While built in game voice doesn't really work at least you can chat and communicate, far more sociable. I do have a problem with it though.
    If I join a Steam voip chat whilst already in game it seems to virtually mute in game noise. If I restart the game it works fine but obviously this comes with the risk of not being able to get back in the server. Anyone know a workaround so I still get in game noise correctly?

2. Green-Hornet

Green-Hornet I am Green and I Sting

Most of the stuff with the game is still under trial, so I would suggest a bug report being sent to the development team.
    I know there have been loads of problems and I would expect all issues to be resolved soon, but they still need to know of any bugs.

3. L Plates

L Plates Irritating annoyance

For all others with this problem..I found the cure (at least if you're using Win7)
    Open Windows Sound Properties where you will find Playback, Recording, Sounds, Communications tabs.
    Switch to Communications.
    Select 'Do Nothing'

It appears by default Windows reduces volume of other sounds by 80% when it recognises an incoming phone call and Steam voip registers as such.

4. MarkKessler

MarkKessler What's a Dremel?

Is Steam voip stable with voi? Hadn't heard of it before and I get lag and some sound distortion with my voip service. Don't have windows 7 though...

5. JohnMilisitz

JohnMilisitz What's a Dremel?

There is a download that fixes the noise issue. Just download the update and it will fix the problem.