1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden: his time as the 46th US President

Discussion in 'Serious' started by yuusou, 6 Jul 2020.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It has gone full :eeek: over there

What with that and some counting centres having crowds chanting 'stop the count' it really is turning into some scary mass cult rather than a democracy.

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Who's the guy behind her looking at a map as if he's lost in the 1990s?

MLyons and The_Crapman like this.
  3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Wait, what???
    God help America if he wins... :hehe:

Another for good measures...

4. adidan

Oh aye, the Dems didn't help themselves at all.

I guess it's the choice between an angry narcissistic simpleton who listens to nobody and has temper tantrums and a confused old man who has a team around him who know how to look after him.

Some choice but I know which scenario seems more appealing.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Although I think Biden is a bit of a wackadoodle, he's less of a flat out nutjob than trump, and I dare say Harris has the backbone to do the bulk of the work while Biden does.. whatever he normally does. Bumbling around the place in slippers talking about charades or something.

6. adidan

Harris is the key for me, the only one on either ticket who looks capable.

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Personally, I think Joe Exotic is the best Candidate... :hehe:

8. liratheal

Indeed.

For my money it's Trump Vs Harris and her off kilter visiting granddad.

MLyons likes this.
  9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Seriously, you're that easily taken in?
    With the time and inclination, you could take a bunch of clips of anyone that has ever appeared in the media, ever, especially if it includes live appearances, regardless of level of intelligence, and paint them as a blithering idiot.

Forget the media... with 6500 posts to your name given the time and inclination someone could cherry pick and paint whatever picture they wanted of you.

Don't get me wrong, I think both of them are woefully under equipped to run a country, but people getting taken in by things like this is why the US is in the current mess, and dozens of other countries are following.

I'd find someone who always says the right thing a bit more sus to be honest... just the other day I caught myself amidst meandering waffle responding to something, realising I had forgotten what the question was, and had to stop myself to clarify... must be dementia, right?

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Can't even have a laugh these days without someone over reacting... :rollingeyes:

damien c likes this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean... <looks at sub-forum name>

IanW, MLyons and GeorgeStorm like this.
  12. Mister_Tad

That's right, you can post whatever you want on the internet so long as you have the out of "jk lol"

Sharing the BS is supporting the BS. And we wonder why we're in this mess.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Not going to get into a debate...

Staff/Mods will stand together.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Then I very much fear you're in the wrong thread.

Back on topic, the US electoral system is SO CONFUSING... but am I right in thinking that if Biden wins any one of the outstanding states he's won outright, regardless of where the others go? That's what the Politico swingometer thing seems to tell me, and I think the underlying data is based on AP calls...

15. Mister_Tad

If you think there's a debate, please engage in it.
    Sharing twitter rants, youtube compilations etc, is not debate.

Part of the problem is that people aren't engaging in debate... the people that voted for the other guy are written off as racists, facists or stupid, or communists, snowflakes or naive, and then nobody talks to each other.

16. liratheal

I believe the important number is the electoral college votes - 270 is the magic number afaik.

Winning the popular vote means diddly if your opponent gets the EC in their corner.

I believe Biden has 264 to Trump's 214, which would suggest that if Biden wins somewhere like Pennsylvania via mail in ballots (as people are hoping he does, given the seemingly heavy use of mail in ballots in democrat voters) then it should be game over for Trump - but some states are quite a small difference between the two which could legitimately trigger a recount, and knowing how much of a shady swine trump is, I expect a few states will be doing recounts. All in all, I don't expect this to be quick.. Biden hasn't won decisively enough that trump's cries of fraud and theft will go ignored. Despite being a couple of million votes ahead of the orange skinned sack of organs and fat..

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Almost all sources are from the Media/Social Media, which is where everyone gets their intel from. This is what people like you and everyone else uses to force a debate, but who is right, or wrong?...

Both Candidates have been painted badly from these sources, twisting the truths, and using algorithms to target those that are easily persuaded to get the votes.
    People tend to forget that, unless convicted of a crime, then it is only allegations. Anyone can make an allegation about someone.

All politicians lie...

18. Mister_Tad

So what you're saying is that you should make well reasoned arguments, and ensure that any supporting content is cited from multiple and disparate sources, as opposed to dropping a random youtube video, twitter comment, news article and moving on?

I agree.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

It doesn't work like that here.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Yeah, it's EC I'm talking about. Here's the dashboard: you can scroll down and pretend Trump or Biden has won in the four not-yet-called states and see how it changes. Putting Biden down for any one of the four puts Trump out of the race, it reckons.