Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by lowfat, 14 Jan 2014.
Very nice finish mate. This is awesome
This build is like a zen garden, it's just so calm and organised, loving the colour selection too. Also I simply have to mention that the cable management is easily up there with the best that I've seen, must have taken ages to get all the measurements just right for the clean turns.
Somehow missed this one until today, now it's a definite sub!
The frosted Supreme HF will actually be used in another system. An In Win 901. I actually will be
I actually never measured the cables. I guesstimated them. Then routed them. Then I cut off the end of the sleeved cable. Adjusted the length. Then recrimped and resleeved the ends. It is a lot of work but measuring them all just isn't possible.
Earlier today I polished up the new pump top.
Spend a few more hours polishing the pump top. Definitely the best polish job I have done to date.
Looking good Low,you really have a knack for polishing and sleeving.
Took the rig down yesterday. Started by redoing the GPU block. Sanded it down to 400 grit. Then worked the way up to 3000. Then polished it again. Definitely happy w/ the outcome.
Just WOW! so transparent. how did you manage to polish the inside circles?
The CSQ circles on the top of the block? I used a toothpick and polishing cloth.
A few pics showing the new D5 next to the original DDC. And a few more pics.
Oh, I see, good idea!
Unfrosted the reservoir.
Repolished the LTX.
Pic w/ the CPU block in place.
Had to modify the tubing a bit to fit, but not much work. I honestly think this huge pump/stand looks pretty decent here. Makes the case look slightly less empty.
And the sleeved acrylic tube. Relatively confident this won't leak . Had to drill out the compression rings a bit. The sleeving needs to be perfectly cut, perfect length, and a perfect melt. With this though it was relatively easier to install, it definitely won't pull out of place.
That's a good way of putting it. And I love the braided acrylic tubing.
I like the sleeved tubing, it adds a bit of texture. I really like it.
Além de ser um belo trabalho com ótimas fotos.
Thanks x 3
I gave my GPU block another quick polish on the top. This time not washing it off afterward.
Not sure why it took me so long to figure this out. But it is possible to remove the fan blades from GTs without any tools. Just a heatgun. Slowly heat the front and front-sides of the hub. The glue will slowly let go. Then just pull the hub off.
And speaking of fans....
Nibbled one of the other shrouds. Here is a mockup of it. It is the one behind the reservoir.
Worked on the aluminum of the case the last couple of days. Cut the front side 5.25 bay panel down a bit more again. Finished the backside shroud. . Anyways a few pics. Both mock-ups as I haven't drilled any holes for the shrouds yet.
So my goal was too have the case ready for powdercoating today. However I have misjudged how much work I had remaining . I am truly getting very close though. New goal is after the long weekend.
The first shroud I cut to cover up the radiator mounting screws and the nasty stock aluminum ended up not looking right so I ended up cutting a new one that just covers the entire piece of aluminum (minus where the 5.25" covers snap in to place). Also have started working on flush mounting all the screws. All the screw heads for the cable management have been cut off. All of the screws have also been cut down to length. Used my cordless dremel which I must say is one of my favourite tools I have. I still need to make two more cable management retention bars as I was not happy w/ the way a few of the wires went. Still have to cut down all the standoffs as they are all slightly too long.
The filler I will be using to cover all the cut down standoffs and cable management screws. This stuff was extremely pricey in Canada but it was the only stuff I could find that will hold up @ 350F.
My pump top was the only acrylic I still had not polished and left the coating on the outside. So I did that quickly today.
I am so going to send you my waterblocks next time
I wouldnt mind doing them but I am sure shipping would be killer.
Well I am totally underestimating how much work I have left. I definitely did not have the case ready for powdercoating this week .
Sanding the screw/standoff holes.
Applying the Lab Metal. Stuff sure is not easy to apply.
After it dries though it is really hard. Takes a lot of work to sand it smooth. Pictured here are some screw holes from the original pump that I was no longer using so I am attempting to fix them. I grinded down some fan screws in the holes. Then Lab Metal'ed over them. Then sanded. I will be doing a second application tomorrow morning.
Recently upgraded the lighting in my 'studio'. Here are a few random pics of some hardware.
And a few pics of all the polished blocks together w/ the coolant I will be using in this system.
Love the polished acrylic and the cable management! Great job, keep it up=)
Thanks. Definitely what I am best at and is what I enjoy most.
Finished with the patch work. So glad too as it was some seriously boring and tedious work.
Bunch of drilling, filing, and sanding left. Then honestly ready for powdercoating.
Separate names with a comma.