1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Monitor Reviews (26"+)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by FreQ, 24 Jan 2009.

1. FreQ

FreQ What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I'm a long time reader (roughly 2 or 3 years), first time poster. Nice job on the site! :thumb:

I've struggled to find many decent reviews on bigger monitors over the last few months. There seems to be loads focussing on 22" models and a few on 24", but hardly any on the newish 26/27/28" sector - basically 1920x1200 resolution but streched a bit.

I've used a 17" monitor before, and it's given me eye strain as the pixel size was so fine, so my current 19" has been great but is a little on the old and small side now. I've been keen on getting a 26/27" monitor for a while but the lack of reviews or group tests has made is very difficult for me to drop £500 on something I'm not sure about.

Are there any plans to cover this sector more often? I'm sure many other visitors would also appreciate it.

I enjoyed the Samsung 2693HM 25.5" review as it was a potential purchase for me, but the Dell 2709w and various other Viewsonic, HP, Iiyama & Hazro models aren't covered anywhere. I drive sim racing games, so input lag is a real killer!

Link to that Samsung review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/monitors/2008/10/01/samsung-syncmaster-2693hm-25-5in-widescreen/1

Any help would be appreciated!
    Cheers

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Whereabouts are you located FreQ?

3. FreQ

FreQ What's a Dremel?

Updated my info now, not all that far from you actually.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2009
  4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I know there's a few members on here with the larger screens, a couple of people have 2707s, I personally have a cheap ass HannsG 28".

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I agree with FreQ, would be nice to get a roundup review of bigger is better screens, although I woud include some 24" as well.