1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bill Gates for President?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 1 Dec 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

one things for certain. he'll do a better job than Bush ever did. And he has a fully functional brain, thats a plus too

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

cant be any worse than george bush lol

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

lol two comments saying what I was about to add. Yep Bill would get my vote if I was a yank. Infact, why not make microsoft all senators and cover the house of representatives?

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think I'd probably agree with that, although if I were to vote (which I can't, no American :p) I'd need more than just that blog :p But it's true, whats been said, sure hes made alot of "evil" capitalist deals, but the USA us a capatalist country, and I think the war to secure oil reserves in middle east, sorry I meant "Iraqi Freedom", was a bit more evil. But using his money he has put it to some very good charitable uses (and is reportedly leaving 95% or something of his wealth to various charities in his will), I would like to see him put more money in envioronmental factors though ala. Rich Branson.

Oh wait, he's not very, very christian and hasn't served in the army so he'd never get in.

6. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Where do I get my Bill Gates 08' Bumber stickers? Not a huge fan of Microsoft products, but I truly respect and admire what Bill Gates has accomplished.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

great idea, that would be in fact nice, the USA are needing someone like him.

8. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

It's probably quite a good idea!

9. UnkleRosco

UnkleRosco What's a Dremel?

Heck, my toilet seat would do a better job that Bush... Mind u, it is a fairly clever toilet seat...

Id like to see him as pres, if nothing else it'd be a laugh.. Free Vista for everyone that votes.. Next time u turn on ur Xbox 360 nstead of the chime n logo u'll get gate's electoral speach....

10. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

link takes to forum not thread,

and woot! can you imagine what he could do under the new terrorist laws ;) (bye bye Macs ;))

11. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

With Balmer as Vice President, it would then become:

"Terrorists, Terrorists, Terrorists, Terrorists!"

Seriously though, if you're concerned about political candidates being in the "pocket" of those that finance their campaigns, you probably wouldn't have to worry about that with ole Willy in Office.

Although, considering that he is "big business" himself, maybe that wouldn't even need to be necessary, as he would already be "looking out for his friends".

Would a smart business-man treat the Country as his "business", and thus act in it's best interests? Or would he simply use the presidency as a "tool" to improve his existing businesses and self interests?

I guess it's a case of the Devil you know, vs the Devil you don't, heh.

Aggies

12. trailblazer

trailblazer What's a Dremel?

Forget about President, he can come over here and be prime minister, with the state of politics over here (uk) he would probably get a landslide victory! I don't think old Bill is a war monger though. I think he would be right into free education and virtual universities, yep I think he would be all for social progress and he wouldn't have to kiss arse to get it done. Come on Bill !

13. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Better not elect Ballmer... I'd rather not wake up to hear the Vice President say "I'm going to f***ing kill Iran!"

That said, it would make a very interesting recording.

(Ninja-edits spelling)

Last edited: 2 Dec 2006
  14. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I don't think it would happen. Why was Gore not elected? He comes across as dry and wasn't appealing to the er (biting tongue) er, republicans. Yea, that's it. I wan't going to say rednecks, I promise!

But, you never know. We have Swartzenegger as governer of California, Minnesota had a wrestler (Ventura) for governer, and NYC is mayored by Bloomberg, a businessman.

It's quite possible that if Gates wanted to ge into politics that he could make for a serious run - he's sure got enough financial backing!

Haha, I just saw the Ballmer clip. He's too fanatical. How about Jon Stewart for Vice?!

16. Regenesis

Regenesis What's a Dremel?

If Bill becomes the next el presidente'...

One more step towards global domination
    Greatly endorse charities and finally put a stop to world hunger and poverty via USA's influence
    Free education

Hmmmm, like they say pick two, sounds good to me.

He has my vote!

17. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

ballmer would make a great president :p

18. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

I find it amusing that Brits find it ok to talk **** about our president.
    He has done a good job. Way better than many before him granted I would not call him the greatest president ever, he is fairly good.

You don’t see Americans talking crap about Tony, so drop it.

19. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I think you'd struggle in any sense of the phrase to justify that one.

Oh and you really should take the rip out of Tony, he's the lapdog to a braindead monkey :D

If there are some sensible Americans out there then I would strongly suggest that Bill Gates would make for a great candidate!

20. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

If I was a yank, I would vote him in. Ok hes done 'dodgy' dealings, people just say this because they wish they were him.

UM... wonder if hes richer than all of the US senators?

Regards
    GiGo

Tags: Add Tags