1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Owen plaguirized...

Discussion in 'General' started by MRMOBEUS., 2 May 2008.

1. MRMOBEUS.

MRMOBEUS. Voided Rev-Hoe-lutionary

Guys, If any of you know Bill aka MNPCtech, you may want to read/see this....

http://technologybb.com/index.php

The moron has passed Bill's work off as someone elses, been warned and asked nicely to remove the thread, to no joy!!

He even went as far as digging it, But we can't have any of that now can we?!!
    Of course not!!

Join up over at digg and support Bill's campaign against this thief!!

Digg page...

http://digg.com/mods/The_Wall_Computer

Many thanks for your support, Paul!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I think this was just a misunderstanding and an issue of misaccreditation to Chris Balter and Lin Anderson (poor research on TechnologyBB's part). One is the owner of the waterjet which was used to cut the acrylic side window and the other was the air brush artist. Both were working FOR MNPCTECH at the time.

The conceptual design and most of the work is Bill's of course, so it is his mod, but Chris and Lin were involved in bits of it. I doubt that they even know that this mod has been accredited to them.

3. MRMOBEUS.

MRMOBEUS. Voided Rev-Hoe-lutionary

Yeh I know the score dude;)
    I did however word it wrong lol!
    Still a big No No.

4. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I'm going to have to agree with nexxo on this on, while the work wasn't properly cited at least there was an attempt and it was partially correct. A blatant ripoff would have been more "Look at this awesome case I made". I don't really see the point in getting that upset when clearly the guy isn't trying to claim he made the case.

5. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

There's also the consideration that permission was not have been granted for use of those photos. Plus, there probably was no permission for the work to be reproduced.

Could the offender profit by using Bill and others' work? Yep. By digging it and even posting it on his forum, the offender could receive misdirected traffic, which could lead to increased ad revenue.

While it's not exactly theft, it has got to fall under text and image copyright infringement.

6. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

I like the way the forum looks. all threads with 0 posts and <400 views, yet one with 22 posts and 33k vievs :D

Stuey is right. sure, it's nothing bad to say 'hey, look at pink floyd' pc and put a pic of it, but copying the whole log is just outrageous. i understand the mistake in the names, but.. that's plain ignorance.