1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bill Roper: Diablo 3 isn't Diablo enough

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Mar 2009.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

FA3 was better than the previous two.

If D3 ends up bad, people will just go back to playing D2. Not a huge deal.

2. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

After, watching the demo it looks like it just going to be a boring hack n' slash. Looks like God of War.

3. Nictron

Nictron Member

Blizzard will not dissapoint!

I personally loved all the Diablo games and I will buy this one as well. It is practically impossible to please all of he fan base, period.

Diablo 3 will be epic and I can't wait got it's release.

4. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Never played Fallout 1 or 2 but loved fallout 3. If it's a good game it doesn't matter how similar to the previous efforts it is.

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I hate wow with passion, so unlike others I can't say Blizzard never disappointed me.
    Anyway, I bet Diablo 3 will be a great Game, even if it is not a exact copy of Diablo 1 or 2, like other said, Fallout 3 was not really a exact copy of the old ones either and turned out out great.

6. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Ppl that think that FO3 is better than the previous ones prolly didn't play the previous ones when they came out. And if even so still think that way, it's because they didn't like them in the first place.

FO3 is shallow as a spit on the floor.

@ Dire Wolf: I agree! Since "rock 'n' roll racing" back in 90's I am a huge fan of them. I wonder what happened to Starcraft: Ghost....

UrbanMarine likes this.
  7. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Yes sir.

Seems to be the pattern these days.

Blizzard games: SC great, D1/D2 epic, WC 1/2/3 epic and WoW epic up until BC & WOTLK.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2009
  8. So3oL4Nu

So3oL4Nu New Member

I totally agree.

How can you say that this game is crap...it's alpha testing...alpha it's to much :D...

I wait for it !

9. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

I was saying the same thing before the launch of warcraft 3.. looking at the screenshot you'd think it was a kids game.. but then playing it on battle.net, it was one of the best rts games I've played by far

this guy made hellgate.. what do you expect :D he likes his gargoyles

10. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney New Member

This is nothing more than the criticism aimed at any new episode of a gaming franchise after a hiatus this long. As technology progresses the adopted graphical style for each game has to change to make appropriate use of current technology rather than trying to shoe-horn yesterdays look into today's engine, and nostalgia blinds people to the fact this isn't damage but perfectly naturally advancement.

From watching the preview, it's evident that there hasn't been any huge departure from the Diablo gameplay basics. It's not like Diablo 2 was a looker even when it first came out. If all people are moaning about is a slight change in colour palette and lighting, they should grow up and realize that graphics alone do not make a game.

Tags: Add Tags