1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Biocon - "From the Desk of Ryan" - [SFF /update 020308]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 17 Jan 2008.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot!!

in the last days we were busy building the front and bringing all parts together.....beside that we made a small airbrush on the front and integrated some switches for the power button...lights etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. -Nick-

-Nick- What's a Dremel?

man awesome. love to look of it, love the game too like

3. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

....something new....but not much...:D

in the last couple of days we were very busy finishing some projects for customers, so we hadn´t much time for our own running projects......
    but today we managed to saw out a mousepad, its made of a composite material (3 layers.....2 aluminium layers on the outside and a "softer" plastic core...) because of it´s metal surface its pretty fast and good enough for gaming ....:D:thumb:

after filing and sanding the pad, we painted it black and then we airbrushed a bioshocklogo on it....

[​IMG]

beside that we also tested the complete watercooling loop, to see if there are any leaks ore other problems.....but now after six hours of testing there is no loss of water so i think it will be ok :rock:

4. vipersnake

vipersnake What's a Dremel?

looks better and better to me. amazing work, can´t wait to see it finished.
    :thumb:

5. peter_panzer

peter_panzer What's a Dremel?

OMG sweet work man love the cooling system and the use of the old heat sinks

6. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx guys!!!

today we airbrushed the PSU ..... first we painted some wood grain on it and afterwards we put a logo from bioshock on the topside...

[​IMG]

beside that i did some engraving for another project which we want to build in the next weeks....

[​IMG]

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we made a new mousepad (i want a bigger one...:D)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

beside that we airbrushed another pad....

[​IMG]

after all the airbrushing work....we test mount the psu inside the case.....everything is fine, beside the fact that the cables for the mainboard are so long that the case doesn´t close 100%, so tomorrow we will take it out and make all cables a little bit shorter...:D

[​IMG]

8. fflow

fflow What's a Dremel?

Really like all the details and the use of materials that make the case just breath the atmosphere of the game.

9. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot wolff2!!

Today we made a cover for the DVD-Drive....it´s not finished at the moment but you can see how it will look like.....beside that we also made a small stand for the Small TFT on Top. It´s just a small piece of plexiglass covered with gold leaf....we attached it to the upper side of the TFT so that it can be fold under the TFT...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

soo here is another update of this project....

today we covered the hinge for the dvd drive cover with some gold leaf....afterwards we mount both on the casefront...

beside that we also made a first test run with the complete system....installed an OS and made a first Benchmark Run with 3DMark 06.....the cooling system seems to work pretty good, but i will post some temps etc. later...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

I'm getting really pissed with all the "Oh hey look a normal case with extra bling" mods, thanks for thinking out side the box :thumb:

Even thought it's still kinda box like... But you know what I mean ;)