1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Biohazard Computer Case Mod-Back Panel-I/O shield 10/18

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BLUEHORSESTUDIOS, 25 Apr 2010.

1. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Good golly, I'm in love.

2. alex2k10

alex2k10 New Member

Wow this is amazing work.

3. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

Man I wish we had this sort of surrounding when we were playing warhammer 40k, all we had was cardboard.

You're a master modeller and I can't wait to see the final pics.

4. cpl

cpl Member

I've never seen anything quite like this!

Much respect!!

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

AMazing work, reminds me of the Doom 3 Mod by Crimson Skye.

6. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS I haven't lost a finger yet!

Thanks everyone,I appriciate your support and comments.
    I had a real fatal error this week with Part 10 of the video worklogs. I backup all my footage and pics to a WD external drive and the drive crapped out on me this week. Ive tried just about everything to recover the footage but really no luck.Fortunatly I still had quite a bit of footage left on the video camera memory card and sshould be able to cut some pics into the video to make up for that lost footage.

I started working on all the small generator pieces and finishing up the panel detail, Im hoping to get this to paint this week and have Part 10 up along with a updated thread..
    Thanks again everyone
    Mod-On

Waynio likes this.
  7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Beautiful intricate modeling skills & awesome painting skills bud, reminds me of Paul capello's fantastic Doom 3 mod with the level of excellence shown in this log :jawdrop::clap::thumb:.

Awesome +rep :).

Kind of off topic :D.
    I loved the res evil series until 4 onwards, really didn't like the camera perspective, the recent cgi movie was pure awesome though :).

8. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral New Member

Ron , OOOOHHHHH I feel for you! I learned a very hard lesson with HDD's not so long ago. I keep 2 HDDs with BU's and am getting another for a third BU. Some might say it's overKill but as you've just found out it's not. Bro I think NEWEGG has the spinpoint F3's (Samsung) for 60$. I use WD's alot but hard drives are like farts... NEVER TRUST ONE! My WD Black FALLS 1TB HAS BEEN GOOD FOR 3 YEARS but I BU everything on the F3's. God I feel for you. But yo man, you gonna freak us all out with what you're gonna do anyhow! Love what you do and I know you'll get over this PFFT! YOu're to good to give in to a F...ehem Hard drive!

9. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Thanks Loose,
    Ya I have 2 internal drives and my removable that I keep all my pic and vids on. I usually store my lastest vids on to my desktop for easy access but never got to that point before the drive fails.
    I don't think all is lost tho, I can still see the partition and files but every back-up and recovery software I've tried has failed to recover the clips.
    It's funny cuz I stress to everyone else on pc that I fix is to back- up regularly.. Practice what you preach right..
    Thanks for your support my friend.

10. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral New Member

DUDE, BRO, I is feeling fo da lord. I was on LOSIAS tonight when not one B/U boot drive but the second crashed too! Still alive though, but paranoid. Guess what I gotsta do (new drives on the way). Got the slow(er) machine, thats why I keep her, take'n care of bizness! Wish you were close by to teach me the stuff you do wit the airbrush work. Do some tuts your way on your channel! I'll post'em too

11. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

I'd be more then happy teach you or anyone else in more detail then the pics and vids show about how to airbrush.Its about really knowing color theory and getting comfortable with your materials and confidence using them.

Im sorry to hear about your drives, I hope I didnt pass along any bad luck.

Razer2007 likes this.
  12. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral New Member

No man I have a bad magnetic thing about me. I can throw a compass off about 8 degrees.! In whatever 360 space I walk around it! LOL Really started getting into Airbrushing due to your build. used paint brushes as a kid on my model RR's or just what came in the spray can! Never had anyone to teach me about shadows and highlights, Photoshop don't count!

13. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

[​IMG]

BlueHorseStudios is proudly sponsored
    by

[​IMG]

On todays project were finish up the construction of the leftwing wall and start on the paint job.

The materials that we'll be using on todays build are:
    00.40mm polystyrene
    00.60mm polystyrene
    Weld-On acyrlic solvent
    Size 11 X-acto blade and mitre box
    Dremel and attachments
    mnpctech round modders mesh
    vinyl letters
    Tamiya acrylic paints and thinners
    Iwata airbrush

Lets get started

[​IMG]

I start today of by finishing up some panels and securing some brackets.

[​IMG]

I work my way around the outside of the main wall applying small custom pieces.

[​IMG]

I kit-bash several different model kits for the small intricate pieces.
    These small bits will simulate the look of machinery when completed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Applying my first vinyl mask.
    I need to do this now because I'll be adding other small pieces over the top of the mask.

[​IMG]

I construct a small pipeline to go along the bottom of the panel.

[​IMG]

Testing a dry fit so I can measure out my other wall that will surround the pipeline.

[​IMG]

This will be the foundation of my USB/audio hub and I'll build several different steam pipes off this.

[​IMG]

This piece will go on the wall next to the USB/audio hub.

[​IMG]

And in this shot I'm constucting small generators that will be built off the pipeline.

[​IMG]

I finish them off by adding more model pieces.

[​IMG]

And a few more to the L.E.D panel.

[​IMG]

I this shot I've constructed two small brackets for my pipeline.

[​IMG]

Here we can see the front panel USB/audio hub. I've also added a couple plumbing fixtures to simulate some machinery/generators.

[​IMG]

This little piece will cover the Umbrella Corp sign and I'll wait to apply this later after some of the painting is completed.

[​IMG]

Now installing the pipeline for a final dry-fit. I will wait on this piece until the entire panel is painted first.I'll then paint the pipeline then add it to the panel.

[​IMG]

That most of the raw constuction completed I can now begin on the paint job.

[​IMG]

I use a mixture of Germen Grey and Flat Black and spray on with light even coats. I'll do a light sanding then add another coat until I have a smooth, clean finish.

[​IMG]

First coat complete.

[​IMG]

And the second. A closer look here shows how all the pieces beginning to all come together.

[​IMG]

Now the first shadow layers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of the small pieces getting some paint too.

[​IMG]

Shooting some frames for my video worklogs that will be posted very soon.
    In this shot I'm beginning to add my first rust layers.

[​IMG]

Another look at the shadow layers and the first rust layer.

[​IMG]

Mixing up a darker value and beginnig to build my layers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the above shots you can see the darker value of the rust popping of the germen grey top coat. From here I'll begin to add layers of corrosion and dirt.

[​IMG]

Now I'll begin laying down some graphics to add even more detail.

[​IMG]

Now with all the mask removed I'll age and weather those graphics abit.

[​IMG]

And a closer look. In this shot Im starting to build up my layers of water and rust streaks.

[​IMG]

Now with it powered up and all the fans and lights going.

I still need to add paint to the pipeline and add all the small chips and paint scratches.

Part 10 of the video worklogs are in edit and will be posted soon.

Until then,

Stay Inspired and Keep Creating!!!

Last edited: 5 Nov 2010
    bulldogjeff likes this.
  14. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Well-Known Member

Too badass for words.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

Being watching this one for a while and this is another world where this one comes from. My hats off for all the patience it has taken as well as love for doing it.

ABSOLUTE BRILLIANT

16. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Thats's just mental. The attention to detail is amazing. I don't know if i would have the patience to do all that... Amazing work:thumb: +rep

17. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral New Member

Another great update! :dremel::D Another great video on the way as well. You might think about attaching your blog link to your sig:thumb:

18. Colossous

Colossous Member

Looks fantastic duder

19. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Every time there's a new update to this thread, it's like qatching a completely new project. Awesome!

20. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

not that the build is badass enough, the paint job is even more badass! :thumb: