1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bios Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by KaotiK, 2 Jan 2009.

1. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

To keep it simple, I went to upgrade my bios using Asus' EZFlash 2 (something I've had no problem using before). After it completed I got the usual "Reboot in 5 seconds" and on my PC restarting it wouldn't post. I got the usual turning on but no post.

I assumed I must have corrupted the Bios. I tried a few of the common methods, Clear CMOS Jumpers and removing the battery for a period of time, but still nothing.

I resorted to buying a new bios chip. Having recieved this and changed it for the old one my PC is still refusing to post. I've also tried booting with no hard drives or optical drives connected. I'm also not getting any beeping from the speaker.

Any help is greatly appriciated

My Spec...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Asus P5N32-E Sli Plus
    2Gb Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400
    7600GT
    Tagan 800W
    WD 160Gb HDD
    Samsung 500Gb HDD
    Sony Optical Drive

Thanks for your time!

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

It sounds like you have done everything that one would normaly recomend trying to get it to work.

The only think i would say is contact asus for a RMA unless someone else can think of something else to try?

Hardware150 likes this.
  3. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

I think RMAing is out of the question as the board was purchased from a friend.

4. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

as long as you have the box all the numbers they need are on there.

5. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

Yes I have the box and packaging. I'll contact Asus and see what they say.

Cheers for such a fast reply!

6. Peter187

Peter187 What is a Dremel?

Take your ram out and boot it and leave it for a minute then put it back in.

7. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

I'm afraid that hasn't worked either :sigh:

I'm not keen on RMAing it to Asus as I've heard it can be a pain.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

If you can't see anything on screen after powering the on, RMA might be your only option.

Like teamtd11 says, it sounds like you've already tried everything. The very last thing I'd try is to remove un-necessary components and re-seat everything else. Dump the CMOS again and give it another go.

Something else to investigate, from the ASUS website:
    "The CrashFree BIOS2 feature now includes the BIOS auto-recovery function in a support DVD. Users can reboot their system through the support DVD when a bootable disk is not available, and go through the simple BIOS auto-recovery process. ASUS motherboards now enable users to enjoy this protection feature without the need to pay for an optional ROM."

But if you’re not seeing anything, I don't know how you'll boot off the DVD. It's that or go here and download the Phoenix flash tool and try to reflash the BIOS independent of the OS.
    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1459&l1=3&l2=11&l3=397

9. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

I tried the Crashfree BIOS before I got the new bios chip with no luck. Tried it again there and still the same. I also tried the Phoenix Utillity tool but still nothing.

I think i'll just RMA or get a new board since I have some xmas cash left.

Cheers for all the suggestions so far!