1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bioshock Demo on Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I found Medium rather easy, may have been the abundance of First aid packs. But the toilets were awesome! Never had so much fun flushing.

3. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

We're so trying this in the office tomorrow!!!

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

After work of course :thumb:

5. Hugo

Shh, as long as Riyad or Hugh doesn't read the forums I'm safe ;)

6. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

Played the demo yesterday. Tis pretty cool, "The Darkness" style game play. Graphics looked good on a standard def TV so be even better in HD. Seems like a pretty cool sp game, but i wouldn't buy it.

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

FPS on console = EWWWWWWW!

8. Hugo

9. devdevil85

/\ I was hinting towards the gameplay Arch.......and trust me I' ve played my share of FPSs on console....didn't feel natural at all....

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Nothing wrong with it. THe 360 controller is great and feels so good. I hated playing FSP games on the sony dual stick.

FSP games are getting better on console and im loving it.

11. devdevil85

How are they getting any better than what they were before? It takes me 2-3 times longer to kill an enemy on console (take Resistance or GOW for example) vs. the PC using a M+K setup. I don't want to sound like a console hater because I find them enticing, but being a PC gamer I almost felt like I had to say it. Hopefully no offense taken....

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

you can't compare different games against keyboard and mouse.

Firstly, the only games that should be played with a controller are ones designed for it, like Halo 3, Bioshock, GoW and so on. Not ports. Ports fail miserably. Look at Darkness Multiplayer, UT series on xbox and and other port, they suck hairy donkey balls.

Because the games aren't on PC and thus don't use keyboard and mouse.

13. mikeuk2004

Ive been a FSP PC Gamer since the likes of Doom I/II/3, Wolfenstein 3D, Dark Forces, HL, HL2, BF 1942, BF2, BF 2142, Unreal, Unreal Tournemnat 2001, Quake, Q2, QIII, IGN, IGN 2, Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2, Counter Strike Original, Source, Delta Force, 1, 2, Black Hawk Down, Flash Point, Rainbow Six, SWAT, Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2, Red Faction 1 & 2, Halo and the list goes on

But im finding console FSP games are getting better and more fun and im enjoying them. They become more fun now because consoles are now online, although they were online with the last generation but that was just the first stage.

Now consoles, ie 360 and ps3, are fully online, look good, play good just like PC''s. Also the PS3 will support the keyboard and mouse with unreal and it wont be long before Microsoft games support it as well, because why not? Cant be that hard to allow usb keyboard and mouse support.

Just because its on a console doenst mean you should just right it off.

14. devdevil85

You make a valid point Doug. I think my real argument is regarding ports, not games designed from the ground-up. Either way, I guess that's what makes somebody a PC Gamer or a Console Gamer: standards, and in my case I need that mouse and keyboard and that game designed for it from the ground-up.

Mike, a M+K setup with a PS3 game isn't going to be the same as with a PC game because the PS3 game would be designed for a controller with most enemies being placed more in the middle of the screen, and believe me! I was thinking the same thing you were, but just like Joe Martin said: it won't be the same experience. Also, I'm not ruling them out because I've actually played those games on console and found them a struggle, but again that's my opinion and I'm not saying that it's the same for everyone. I hope you understand what I'm getting at: that I find console FPSs harder to play than PC and less enjoyable. Again, I hope no offense has been taken. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter....

Last edited: 16 Aug 2007
  15. mikeuk2004

I think its on the person and how well they can adapt to a different control system. If your too used to M&K then fair enough.

In the last 16 years I have played alot of M&K games on PC and joypad games on console. so I can easily switch from controler to M&K and get stuck in an is probably why I like FSP games on PC and console

Tags: Add Tags