1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bioshock hardware requirements revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Jul 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think I have the best deal here: paid to play, with a system guarenteed. Booyah!

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You can play the 360 version, I get PC :D

3. CardJoe

:confused: I don't have a 360 though...:waah:

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I just bought myself a new 215TW to play the latest crop of games... Until this week, I had little want to play PC games because I'd got a 1280x1024 Dull screen that looked, well, pants and there was no immersiveness associated with it. Nothing in comparison to the 30" Dell I have for testing graphics cards at work.

The Samsung is right up there with the 30... sure it's not as big, but I also don't need the world's fastest PC to enjoy the latest crop of games at 1680x1050. This year is one of the years that I've been most excited about gaming since I started really caring about release dates. There are some top games coming out and I want to find the time to play them all. :cooldude:

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Then you'll have to watch me play both :cooldude:

6. CardJoe

Sure, I'll watch until the red mist falls over my vision and I slaughter you all, quit my job and run away to live in the alps with a solar powered PC. I shall reside in a cave, consuming manna from heaven and emerge only to scavenge Bioware and Bethesda games from my various PR minions!

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yet another game my X850XT can't run....

Pixel Shader 3 are freaking BS

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ah well, I'd been needing to upgrade my graphics card anyway.

I like that bit about internet activation...I wonder how long it'll take Reloaded to fix that....

9. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Not when I construct a giant "sun-shade" over your cave you wont

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

yet another game I need to upgrade for... :sigh:

11. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Amen to that!

Sadly though, I think I'm going to struggle with a 2.4GHz (12*200) Athlon XP, 1GB DDR400 and an aging 7800GS. And yes, it's running on an NF7-S :hehe: Still, the GFX card is comfortably above the minimum spec. I might just have to source another GB of RAM (which I've needed for FEAR for a while...)

The system works for most things I do, but I can't wait till I've got some money together to built a new machine. I'm spoilt now though - I want it all :wallbash:

12. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Do you think my Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ with 1MB of L2 cache per core, and a Geforce 8800GTS 640MB will hold up the game in near max settings at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200?

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Ha, I'm all set! Eat my dust, suckers.

I'm actually surprised by the number of people on a website for computer enthusiasts that are running fairly old hardware. I suppose not everyone's a hardcore games who HAS to have the latest kit.

14. GoodBytes

no, simply some of us are not freaking rich like you. ;)

15. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Tuition, insurance, petrol, etc are problematic. If I'm in a squeeze for cash, I'll just do my income tax return and pinch out a hidden $4000. But yeah, I can't justify all the new gaming hardware unless I'm megatasking and juggling something more than I usually do of just desktop apps and folders. Some of us are just not feeling the whole gaming craze anymore.

16. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

LOL, considering you can get a 6600GT (minimum required card) for $40 US, I don't think you need to be rich to play the game. I bet a lot of you spend more than that on liquor each week (in a single night maybe.)

17. GoodBytes

I don't drink nor smoke, thank you. Same applies for clubbing and theaters and coffee... and drugs.

18. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

:clap: And you have an 8800GTS. I wasn't aiming my reply directly at you, but making a point that you don't need a $500 video card to play the game.

19. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

So close, yet so far :lol:

- Overclocked 7800GT being fairly close to stock 7900GT for grunt, but lacking that 512mb ram (256mb) and audigy 2 instead of X-FI.

Still I guess it backs up the thinking that I want to go to 8800GTS 640mb and one of those newer x-fi gamer extreme gamer cards with an oem copy of vista home premium 64 later this year, just need to scrape the cash together, though with my birthday a week or so before, maybe that will help :D.

20. CardJoe

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Still, I can always just steal two of Tims spare 8800s :worried:

Tags: Add Tags