1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kiytan, 12 Aug 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Good man :thumb:

tbh whilst devs still focus thier attention for the 360 we wont see a game with proper depth, think of it as trying to recite shakespere to a pack of chavs.

2. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

I have no investment in System Shock or Bioshock. I played the demo but wasn't that interested. However, this with its Steam Punk / Astro Boy feel to it is pretty awesome. I am very excited about the game. And it could be EXACTLY like Bioshock and for me that'll be fine as I never played the original. I just like this packaging better. *shrug*

That being said, it looks like a 180* of the personality of Bioshock, so I am sure (and as this thread has shown) that there are a lot of people very annoyed or hesitant about this.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

theres an old saying, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

a lot of people here have been burned by various sequals of thier favourite games once they set foot into multiplatform territory, bioshock was supposed to be SS2 underwater, turned out it was;nt half the game of SS2.

I myself have been burned by FARCRY2 and FEAR2, since then ive been skeptical of multiplatform games since, hence why im sitting on the fence about Crysis 2 and I'm not as interested as I would have been if it had been PC only.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Two words: "Irrational" and "Games".

It's not quite Looking Glass Technologies, but it gets damned close. :)

EDIT: Bah! Just learned that "Irrational Games" is now the (once again) renamed "2K Boston" studio. While it's true, that they used to be called "Irrational Games" it's not really the studio of old. I'm gutted... :(

Last edited: 16 Aug 2010
  5. BobsLawnService

BobsLawnService New Member

What annoys me about the Bioshock games is that they are brilliant highbrow concepts with great atmosphere and then they hammer it into a badly fitting poor FPS mould. It just didn't work for me.

Bioshock done in the style of Heavy Rain would be much more appropriate.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

I think that's true actually, the gameplay in Bioshock was so 'meh' I would've preferred the game without it.

7. alastor

alastor New Member

A new 10min gameplay trailer was shown at TGS:

8. erratum1

erratum1 New Member

Looks pretty good.

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Have to get that one, Looks pretty good.

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter New Member

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

looks nice but ive money on it playing like a pile of dog turd

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

So you think its going to be some goushi, I hope not if it is then I'll have to sleep at night lol

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

So is this a prelude dream sequence, or is the entire game going to be like walking through a Dali painting with a lethal dose of LSD in your system?

I really wish the dev team behind these games would stop wasting their frankly striking and wonderful ideas on such a bone medium. This stuff belongs in a film, not a game.

14. JCBeastie

JCBeastie New Member

Is this trailer really representative of the gameplay? If it is then I have some issues; sure the graphics are looking great, but what the hell is going on? We've got a flying city of xenophobes, that seems to be collapsing inbetween glitching like some malfunctioning holodeck. Everybody spontaneously decides they want to be your best enemy. Hang on, was that magic? Oh a steampunk cyborg, ok...

Oh and before I forget it looks more scripted than WWE wrestling.

Seriously this thing looks schizophrenic.

15. alastor

alastor New Member

Don't worry too much about the scripting for now, Eurogamer got to talk with some people from Irrational Games. The interview with lead artist Shaun Robertson is well worth a read.

16. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

I watch the trailer last night and my exact thought were WTF

17. robots

robots New Member

It will. Depends what you like though I suppose. But personally, I don't like overly scripted games, being lead around by the nose, pew pew pew all over the place without having to actually think about anything or put any real effort in, and having some stupid partner forced upon me who gives me hints at every step of the way because the average gamer is a moron who can't get by anymore without having everything spelled out for them.

This game looks like that to me. A big bunch of style over substance like most modern media. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the 'shock' in the title. To see how it has devolved from System Shock 1 in to this is really amazing. It's sad that I can't have a real System Shock sequel, and this could be called "Super Awesome Fun Time: Jumping In Clouds Like Mario With Gunz And Pew Pew Magicz!"

And I don't believe him.

18. Stewb

Stewb New Member

Very true, I tried to play Bioshock 1 but just put it down after about 45 mins, the gameplay just felt... bad, and I just had no reason to carry on playing. I then spent a few hours reading the story on wikis, watching cutscenes etc. and really enjoyed it ;)

EDIT: Just watched the video. Not really a "gameplay" video, more a 10 minute cutscene with some 10 seconds of mindless shooting thrown in every now and again....

Last edited: 24 Sep 2010
  19. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

This was my face when I saw that guy getting wrenched in the face when on the rail thing.
    [​IMG]

20. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

That whole scene must be some way in surely.