1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Bioshock sucks.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wafflesomd, 23 Aug 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

he missed out the [sarcasm] tags ')

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

lols.

3. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I was taking the pee :D

4. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Dear Lord that looks terrible. I love playing classic games, but at least then I like the graphics because they represent the era of the game. Graphics might not be everything, but I want my games to look like the era they were made in!

5. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

but what if one game isnt the start? I've played the wii and its a different direction than the xbox or the ps3, wich I appauld, but tbh its abit gimmicky!

6. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Damn tags! lol

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

What?

Which one game isn't what start?

And yes, there are gimmicky games, but Resident Evil 4 uses the remote perfectly and according to many sources so does Metroid Prime 3 and I consider that far more than just a gimmick. It works well and definitely enhances the game experience. Motion sensing on the ps3 controller! That's a gimmick!

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Looks purty :p

9. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Too bad it's not full motion sensing like everyone wants to make believe. The PS3's tilt functions serve it well as an added feature that can be used or not. If the tilt isn't use it takes nothing away. The Wii uses full (or lack there of) motion sensing and tilt. I know it's easy to pick on the PS3 for gimmicky stolen motion but let's be real. The PS3 does nothing to drastically change the game with tilt, it only supplements, and when you have games where it does it well (Play the Folklore demo) you get a fun game using traditional controls but enhanced through the tilt functions where applied.

10. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I smell a fanboy!

A subtle fanboy, but a fanboy nonetheless :p

From what I have heard/read the tilt is great, in some situations.. A skateboarding game (no idea which) used it for balancing on rails. Which is awesome and I love that idea. But games like lair have used it to control a big lumbering dragon... Which apparently sucks. That sort of use makes it a gimmick. Using it to shake of fire (however stupid shaking of fire as a concept is) is a good idea, its a nice touch. Using it to steer a car is a gimmick. You get where I'm going. This is where the wiimote is different. The motion sensing is a fundamental part of the console. Just one game that utilises that function instantly makes it far more than a gimmick. The aiming alone in various different games works so well that it's definitely more than a gimmick.

As long as they don't make me jiggle my sixaxis when GTA4 comes out.

11. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

A fanboy that owns a Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. I just don't see the reasoning behind a PS3's tilt functions being gimmick, when the Wii's well known "Waggle" features we've been getting in their games is called original.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I actually kinda agree. Some games have implemented the Wiimote really badly. But then, others have done it really well (golf is awesome! XD) The PS3 turned out well, but their timing was cringe-worthy. Remember the bald english dude at E3? They were the last show on, and he was an awful public speaker, and he just came out and stumblingly said,

"Yeah, um, we have some...er...exciting new....features, that we think will...um...set this above the competition...the remote can be used to CONTROL, yes, that's right, CONTROL the game by tilting it around in real space! Yes! It's motion-detecting. And also, um, we added a neat button in the middle, that takes you back to an overlaid OS. We, er, think these highly original and unique ideas will add to the user experience greatly...and um, oh! It's wireless too...give us money...please?"

The timing, man, the timing! Don't get me wrong, I like the PS3, but it smelt so badly of 'rip-off' that I felt sorry for them.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It must have been a while since you guys played the Genesis

14. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Reminds me more of a game that ran with the 32bit addon.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I might break out my Master System II sometime for some Alex Kidd. Now THAT was a good game. Way better than bioshock.

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Unless games look better in emulated ROM form (or the virtual console for that matter), then it hasn't been that long.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It looks about as bad as some of the games on my phone.

Tags: