1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioshock Vita-Chambers: Game-Saver or Game-Breaker?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WarMachine, 27 Aug 2007.

?

Vita-Chambers: Game-Saver or Game-Breaker?

1. Game-Saver

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Game-Breaker

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. WarMachine

WarMachine American Swine

Ok, time for another Bioshock thread... On the subject of Vita-Chambers. What are your feelings on how these were implemented in the game? Do they make things far to easy? Or do they balance out the game?

Personally I have mixed feelings... mainly because these are all over Rapture, but they only serve the player. If these are appliances like vending machines and the like, then what explanation is there for why they don't bring splicers back (other than that would make the game rather more difficult?) or the other citizens who have died prior to your arrival? Although I can see the frustration factor going way up if they weren't there and we had to reload each time we died and try to figure out (A.) What killed me? and (B.) How do I not get myself killed this time? I can see the gameplay being extended for a great many hours due to trial and error being used at most encounters if there was a simple save/load system, which to some may be a plus.

What are your thoughts?

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

i think they should be disabled on hard....

other than that i dont really have a problem with them.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

AFAIK, the Vita chambers were supposed to only be used by Andrew Ryan but they were slightly flawed by design, meaning that anyone with very similar genetic code can use them (i.e. the character you play).

4. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss New Member

well they're good if you get slammed by Rosie, and you didn't have 100% health, but really, otherwise just save.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I found that sometimes id respawn in one further on in the level and then wonder wtf where am I and how do I get back to where I was fighting the Big Daddy.

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I always reloaded when I got sent to one. I think they were a terrible idea so I played "properly" without using them ;)

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

What Tim said.
    Listen to the audio logs! It explains a LOT, and remember you can read them in the mission log menu

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

In the PC version, with a quick save feature, I think they're pointless, but on the 360, it's not so easy to save the game, it's not so simple as a button press, on the PC, whenever I think something bad might go down, I hit quicksave. On the 360, it's a lot more effort, so it only really happens when you know something bad is about to go down. IMO they should have been more like autosave checkpoints, every time you go near one, your game autosaves, so long as it hasn't autosaved in the last 5 minutes or so. Should also make about 3 autosave slots per savegame encase you accidentally autosave when you are about to die.

I can see why they were done, but I think there would be a much better way of doing it.

9. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Fair point about the 360 version, I did use quicksave a lot.