1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Biostar targets audiophiles with Hi-Fi Z77X motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 23 Jul 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

<looks around at the IBM Model M, ZX81, Commodore 64, 64C, 128, Atari 1040STe, 28in CRT, record player...> Apparently not, no.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I mixed these two and apparently made a new device :rock:

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If Clive had given the ZX81 a keyboard closer to that of the buckling-spring Model M, I reckon Acorn would have had a lot less interest in the Atom.

4. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Because it's the keyboard I have. :hehe:

5. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Why the heck would an audiophile be using compressed audio over spdif anyway, and if you want digital audio out, then any board with hdmi does that just fine. I use analog surround from an xfi card direct to amps; while this mobo may have better audio than other mobo's, I think an "audiophile" would still use a card, or really, someone serious would use a card with external breakout box. Not really sure what market they think wants "audiophile" onboard audio

6. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I was under the impression SP/DIF audio was the raw uncompressed bitstream?

Tags: Add Tags