News BioWare reportedly cans Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC, sequel plans

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 3 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Good. Let it die.

I would say use the resources and time to make a proper KoToR sequel, but given the state of Bioware (and the turd they put out nowadays), I wouldn't even trust them with a remaster...

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I can't say I'm surprised, but I do feel somewhat disappointed.

Despite the vitriol held for MEA, I quite liked it and the characters.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Active Member

^^ this. MEA was both bad and enjoyable at the same time.

But the real tragedy is we will never get to find out about the other Ark or have any follow on. And that right there is the twofold problem, when these companies start cutting content for later DLC sale. Combined with pre-orders, and lets be honest, while EA allowed bioware to mess it up, since so many people (me included) paid up front and have our money. So EA can cut and run but the fans that are left at a loss.

I played the 10 hour trail and enjoyed it enough to buy it. In hindsight, 10 hours is not enought to know if the whole game will be good/complete. Had I known up front we only get half the story and not a fully invested story arc, I'd not have bothered.

What a shame. :/

5. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

So much potential wasted. Thing is, a sequel could've been excellent if they learned from the mistakes. The combat system works really well in my opinion.

6. 23RO_UK

23RO_UK Hasta Mañana

I'm just glad I let ME go at 3 now, Andromeda was one of my most anticipated PC launches of this year but something screamed at me to wait and see...

At the same time part of me is truly gutted they managed to stuff it up :( :confused: :rolleyes: o_O

7. jrs77

jrs77 theorycrafting

This is what happens all over the gaming-industry over the last years. And it's getting worse.

There's only three things you need to make a good game...

1. a good story
    2. a good interface
    3. good gamemechanics

Instead the developers neglect most of these three parts and only ramp up the graphics, which are really the last thing of interest when it comes to gaming. I know it's a game and not reality, so don't try to make it look real and instead focus on the three mandatory things.

The funny thing is, that they try so hard to get the graphics right, and then they present us with garbage like ME:Andromeda, which had the worst character-models and animations possible.

Tags: Add Tags