1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress BISMARCK Update 28/10/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kojak, 2 Jul 2010.

1. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Congrats on MOTM nomination! I had a feeling that would happen! great work.

2. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

MOTM nomination! ...me, are you sure bit-tech, must be some mistake lol!
    Thanks bit-bech, really appreciate it, I'm well happy! ...Cheers fellas!

Cheers guys, wow what a nice surprise to come home from the pub to, it's topped my night off a right treat. Didn't expect this at all given the u turn I've had to make with fitting that dam SR-2, stripping it back bare an all lol, it's given me a kick up the back side to get it finished now thats for sure :hehe:

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I love that Koolance block, it's pure sex on a motherboard to me... :p I'm loving the looks of this build, lovely and big :)

4. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Congrats Kojak!

5. tkgclimb

tkgclimb man it's all harder than it looks

Yeah welding, and with steel (it looked like it started out as galvanized, then you sanded into just shiny), like me!

Sick project, looks like it will be awesome.

6. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Just dropped by to offer up some props to you for the MOTM nod :thumb: Sub'd your log, now I've got to catch up with you. Looks great :D

7. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Good Luck on MOTM nomination!

8. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Also good luck on MOTM nomination from me too! Deserved. I shall be voting your way for sure!

9. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Thanks mate, much appreciated! :)

Cheers k.3nny, nice one pal :)

Cheers pal, and yeah it started out as galv' because it was all that was in the workshop that was thin enough. Bloody awful stuff to weld, it just flares up in your face an bubbles up! :)

Cheers LooseNeutral, means a lot, thanks :)

Thanks a lot mate, appreciated!! :)

Cheers pal thanks for your support!!! :D

10. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Any updates? Whats going on?

11. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

I'll have an update this friday or saturday fella. I've just about got the add on extension for the back of the case finished, it's all welded and just needs cleaning up with a grinder & sanding pads and its good to go matey. :)

12. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Thats the reveal date is it...I'll book my front row seat now...

13. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

Good, I thought something had happened. If you can't finish the mod, I'll happily take the SR2 :lol:

14. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

VIP for you pal!!! :D

You cheeky monkey, what are you ...a vulture, well there's no blood for you to smell lol!!
    :naughty:

Guys I can only apologise for my slow progress, trying to get things done with Bismarck and earn the dosh to feed it with the parts is propper time consuming, I'm on a cats arse of a tight budget so gotta work, and mod on my 30 minute lunch breaks lol! :)

15. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

SR2 REAR END ADD ON UPDATE, 18TH DECEMBER 2010

Right guy's here it is then, the rear end for Bismarck closing off the whole section I had to cut away in order to fit the SR2. As you'll see in the pic's it's not been with out it's problems as I made a huge mistake and made the add on 5mm short and had to cut off and re weld, which made a huge mess of it ...but it's all good to go now having had a bit of patching up.

The whole thing is made of 1.6mm steel, fully welded, there are no folds ...everything was welded corner to corner and then ground flush with sanding pads. It has a rad guard which I cut from some steel flooring treds, I didn't want a nice pretty guard, I wanted it to look a bit gruesome and industrial.

So here's all the pics, have a good gander and feel free to let me know what you think ...enjoy!

We start off with the mess, basically I just cut off the bottom and re tacked it on with a 5mm gap to fill in with spacers an weld. the spacers prevent the weld from shrinking under heat and distorting everything out of shape. I also used sprags and stiffners tacked on to keep its shape while welding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is then all patched up ground and flush

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woop woop its on ...but there are still a couple of things left for me to do before it gets sent off for spraying. right now as it is, I have it positioned where it wants to be so I can remove the excisting rivets in the 800D and use the same holes to mark through onto the add on peice and then re rivet the two together. You'll see too that it's not quite tight against the 800D, this is just simply because of the rivets that are in the way until they're removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now, my next things I'm working on this week up to xmas is a new shelf to seal off the triple rad from the mobo. As you could see I've removed the old one as it had a huge cut out in it for the triple rad before I changed it's position. You may of noticed too that the paint work looked a little scuffed up, well I've changed my mind on the matt finish and now going with a black shiny look. I'm getting it done down a friends car spray shop so it should be a real good finish. Also looking to buy the cpu's in the week too and a couple of other bits.

Hope you liked what I've done, cheers guys :thumb:

Last edited: 19 Dec 2010
  16. bulldogjeff

If I was asked to describe this in one word it would be MONOLITHIC . It must be close to 3ft high!
    all the hard work is really starting to pay off now mate, it's looking really good. And as for paint a piano gloss black on something this size would look awesome....Well done dude:thumb:

17. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Thanks a lot mate, that means a lot coming from you pal ...Cheers!! :)

18. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

It really is starting to come together now. Must weigh a fair bit being 1.6mm Steel. Not like you'll be dissappearing off to any LAN parties with it I suppose though..

:)

Good to see you're still bashing away at it. Can't wait to see the next installment...

19. bulldogjeff

Thats a good point, how are you going to move that when it all together and full of juice, you'll need half a dozen mates round to help you...lol

20. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Pardon the pun but jasus that is the size of a bloody pocket battleship :jawdrop:

That makes my TJ07 look like an matx case...

Great build to date and very nice fabrication work :thumb: