1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech ad lag

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by HandMadeAndroid, 28 Apr 2010.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Hi there, since bit-tech has updated their site, I'm now battling with what I call 'add-lag'. I used to get this really bad when I used hotmail. If I try and scroll the window, I get an awful delay and lag. I don't know if it has anything to do with the banner adds loading their direct marketing down the side or not; but in any event, it's ruining my experience. Is there anyway of blocking this to speed up my browser. It seems that everything I look at on the web is tracked. For example; I'm wanting to redecorate my living room, so to this end, I've been browsing DFS. Now when I visit bit-tech, I get hit with a million banners for sofas.

I'm not exactly sure why I would want a Michael Jackson 'this is it' gold external hard drive from Samsung either!!

:worried:

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'll 2nd that m8, I'm getting lag and hang ups that I never had before and it's defo not my end because it only happens here, might be a bug in the server at bit-tech end that needs ironing out

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you can but that's how bit make their money.. sounds like adware- run a free antivirus (adaware, avg, malwarebytes) and see what comes up

ah you gettin it too jeff.. maybe the sabotage tim stuck in there before he left XD it fine on firefox far as I can tell.. cpu usage is low

4. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Strange, it's not affecting me, and I'm folding on the cpu and gfx card whilst listening to mp3's in foobar.

Usually that slow scrolling problem happens when gfx card drivers aren't installed.

5. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Aye my GPU is definitely a bottle neck in the system, but still we're only talking a bit of flash here.

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'm on opera never had any trouble before, might have to try IE as an experiment...What I would say though is it only seems to be late at night that it affects me...mmmmmmm...odd