1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bit-tech & Custom PC Awards 2012 Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 3 Jun 2012.

1. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

OcUK has changed a lot since the old days of missing orders etc, so fairplay to them for winning awards.

2. Shayper09

Shayper09 Swimming in Deionized.

This. I've never had a problem with them with any of my orders. The forums are fantastic, the online ordering is easy (I prefer it to scan) and if I've ever had a problem with RMAs etc. I've been sorted out quickly and trouble free :)

3. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

I thought we were voting for the companies that had earned themselves the right to be the best in their class. I.e. the companies that have made and released the most innovative of products or best most recommendable products. I don't mean for the company that has made the most expensive, everyone can do that, but someone that has gone that extra mile to please their customers or make something daring and new.

OCZ truly deserves their award for their release of their new Indilinx based drives (also their RevoDrives), they could just have released something on the already popular and well performing SandForce controllers. (also their RevoDrives)

4. JohnSheridan

JohnSheridan What's a Dremel?

Be nice if Bit-Tech could tell us exactly how many votes there were and a full result for each category.

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I'm not sure where the hate for Scan is coming from, I've spent thousands of pounds with them over the years (including recently), and never had the slightest problem, added to the free postage for BT forum users, they're great.
    Mind you, they did once refund me for a dead graphics card more than I actually paid for it...

6. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Scan have refused to offer me free postage despite applying though various offers (here, i-series etc). They have refused to RMA items, or even return them under distance selling regs. I have seen Scan pre-built rigs that have retarded errors in them (PSU wrong way up or placed so the fan is against a solid bit of case, bent brackets where gfx cards have been forced in, the works).

OcUK are just as bad. Only way I have managed to get anything sorted with them is going down there IN PERSON and kicking up a fuss and PROVING to them an item is faulty. Only advantage they have is the site is easy to browse. But I would never buy from them again.

I voted Novatech as the 1 issue I had with them was dealt with quickly and easily. And in terms of errors/£ they have given me the best service by far.

7. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

OCuk has always been quite good to me, they have messed up one of my orders ( to my gain) so I m not complaining. I have seen alot of good feedback for OCUK recently too.

Scan I guess that must have been a bit biased considering but scan is a very good retailer anyhow .

What did catch my attention was thermaltake? really? most of thier cases are terrible but than again thats not the only thing they do

8. mickeymouse

mickeymouse What's a Dremel?

OCUK recommended you are joking the worse company i have ever dealt with who voted them jokers.

9. mickeymouse

mickeymouse What's a Dremel?

Overclockers didnt win scan did.

10. dave_beast

dave_beast Enthusiast

Aria are the worst imo

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thanks for those who voted ASUS :)

12. RickDawson

RickDawson Minimodder

how can ocz get the ssd award?

their sandforce drives are not reliable fir their bad firmware.

crucial should have got it.

everywhare I have seen crucial M4 recommended...

13. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You want members of an enthusiast site to vote for what an average user should look at?? That makes no sense. We'd recommend the best parts for the money, if said person had a budget that could include an i5 or an i7 we'd say so, as well as saying that it'll be more power than he/she probably needs. Why the hell would anyone recommend 775 stuff on a new build? It's an old socket which is basically dead, good luck sourcing a brand new 775 quad for substantially less than a new i5.

14. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I think he meant more like "the slowest i3 will do the job", new 775 part prices are too high (though complete used PCs with 775 parts are cheap).

15. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

BrightCandle, you seem to have failed your Reading Comprehension test. See me after class.

16. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide What's a Dremel?

Scan have a nice website and a good range of products (one of a handful that had the FT02 USB 3.0 case header upgrade), but i find them rarely competitive on price. You can almost always find cheaper, and that's before you take delivery charge into account.

17. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

How the **** did alienware win best laptop? I would rank apple above them on value alonr never mind quality! And overclockers for retail?? Ebuyer delivers to NI by 10am even tho the order was placed at 11pm while overclockers can't get their stock right claiming 10+ in store yet a week later after phoning where the hell my order is only to get told they're holding everything till 1 item gets in.....bleh not to mention ebuyer and scan have better pricing

18. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I wonder how different this poll would have been if only forum members could answer it...

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

19. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I agree. Reader awards like this don't mean much unless every single reader has made an informed choice preferably on personal experience with every manufacturer in every category they vote in. Never going to happen!

20. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

This, multiplied 100 times.

Tags: Add Tags