1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. lenne0815

lenne0815 What has been seen cannot be unseen

U should definetely OC ur q6600 to atleast 3,2 Ghz, the performance increase is huge especially if u do it via 8x multiplier and high fsb speeds ( got my main q6600 @ 3,5 and my render node @ 3,3 )

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Tried it but my XFX geforce9300 mobo doesn't keep up with even 2.8GHz :wallbash:. Tried everthing, foolowed every single Q6600 OC thread ... but this mobo is not good at OC. Win 7 freezes, CPU stablility test cannot even pass the 1st test :'(

3. lenne0815

Oh man, what a letdown, @ 2,4 ghz the quad is not exactly fast it should choke ur gfx quiet a bit too...

4. GuilleAcoustic

Now I'm hating you (j/k) :hehe: :lol: ... yup it does, especially since I'm still using a 17" LCD :wallbash:.

Upgrade time is coming :rock:

on my Gigabyte EP35-DS4 it was runing @ 3.4Ghz without any problem ... but the mobo blew up, taking the dvd burner 2 HDD and my 9600GT with it (out of waranty of course). Had only the CPU, PSU and RAM left ... with low budget I bought a cheapo mobo with an "decent" IGP

Last edited: 19 Oct 2011
  5. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

you should get a new screen if you're still using a 17" display :D

6. GuilleAcoustic

Why are you so mean at me :waah: .... it's planned :D, just not sure about which one. It will just be IPS or PVA (hesitating between a NEC or an Eizo, but it is probably overkill). Dell IPS are too expensive here (500€ for a 24") while you can get a NEC or Eizo 23" IPS for 380€.

7. lenne0815

8. GuilleAcoustic

9. lenne0815

German site was just random link, but i mean ips panel with display port input for 200€ i think im gonna buy 3 of them soon :)

and why would u do 7 years of german without being physically forced to ? :D

10. GuilleAcoustic

I took it as first language ... but I think that I was just another dumb teenage and didn't made that much effort at foreign langages :wallbash:. I'd really like to "re"learn it now, just have to find some time (maybe during transport time and during lunch break)

Edit : sneak preview of the layout and the size .... have to draw the outside but I already have everything in my head :). Dual Xeon E5620 (2.40GHz - 4 cores - 8 thread) + Asus Z8PH-D12/IFB + Asus EAH5870-V2 :

[​IMG]

11. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

That's a nice first idea. The size of the board makes interesting case-setups possible.

Oh, and your choice of learning german, allthough you didn't take it as serious was still much better then mine learning latin :hehe:

If you got troubles with the german sites, gimme a call as I'm aswell one of those native speakers like lenne ;)

12. GuilleAcoustic

Thanks a lot. I'm really considering working my german.

Well, back to business ... here is a "raw" design ... lot's of work remaining (I'm not too much happy with it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe the blades should be longer and reach the back of the case, giving a feeling of levitation.

EDIT : I think it looks better with this color scheme

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Oct 2011
    Dark~3nergy likes this.
  13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I'd say it's a perfect and futuristic workstation-design :thumb:

Look at the plain Z600 or 800 HP-workstations in that regard to know what I mean. ;)

14. GuilleAcoustic

Nice workstations, I like this massive use of blades. I'll redesign the front feets and try to make the top part lighter "visually speaking"

Just a question .... should I have the I/O port pointing upward or downward ?

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

If you're watercooling everything and not rely on airflow (especially of the GPU) then I'd opt for the I/O to face downwards, as it allows tidier cablemanagement.

16. Dark~3nergy

awesome design :eeek: +rep for that

If you build it using that board, will you make custom waterblocks for the motherboard ?

17. GuilleAcoustic

for the mobo I do not know ... but I'd like to have a single block cooling the 2 CPU in parallel, nickel platted bended copper pipes to connect everything ... hope I'm not too much of a dreamer :wallbash:

18. Dark~3nergy

i'd say it's possible, although might be complex to make ^^

19. GuilleAcoustic

do not say IT please. IT is hurting me and IT sounds hard to my ears. IT is doable, IT will be done.
    Tell me if IT is enough :D :hehe:

* ok, I'm taking ITs coat *

(j/k) ... well, more seriously some Mayhem's pastel cooling fuild would looks awesome I think

Edit : for those who didn't understand (shame on you ... j/k of course :D) ... take a look at Monty Python and the Holy Grail :thumb:

20. Dark~3nergy

silly french dude, stop mocking the great knight of the sacred words NI ! :hehe:

[​IMG]

back on topic, Vray has been running for 2h30 and there's still about one hour left. i will post the results here ;)