1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

[​IMG]
    Go easy on me, it's my first proper render! I can't take credit for the Model either, I only textured it. Used KeyShot 4.

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Just completed modeling and texturing an Asus z87I-Pro ITX motherboard, damn that was a lengthy process. There are just so many little things to model with mobos, all the tiny fan connectors, capacitors, the IO panel is a nightmare.

Anyway, it's now all finished and should be very accurate (which is rather important for it's use). I'll also include the renders of the other parts I'm made for the same project, quite happy with how they turned out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tangster likes this.
  3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I started exploring DAZ Studio, as the software and the starterpacks are free.

The program is really easy to use and you can get awesome results pretty fast, once you've read some basic articles and watched a few basic tutorials on youtube.

Here's my first try with a Genesis 2 Female. Creating this scene with a basic nurbs-backdrop created in Blender and setting up the model, three lights and a camera in DAZ Studio took me some 2 hours.

[​IMG]

No postwork done and the render only took 6:24 minutes and the result is awesome for playing around with the software for two days.

Go check it out -> http://www.daz3d.com/

Last edited: 1 Dec 2013
  4. DesignBlueprinter

DesignBlueprinter What's a Dremel?

Very nice, I like it

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Thought I'd share some Corsair Dominator Platinum I modeled for my upcoming build:

[​IMG]

6. ewashbrook

ewashbrook What's a Dremel?

A quick render of my Silverstone TJ11 project, modelled in Solidworks 2013 and rendered with Photoview 360.

[​IMG]

It's available for download on GrabCad and 3D Content Central if anyone would like to use it :)

7. DesignBlueprinter

Maki, very nice motherboard, cpu retainer, and memory module renders, best I have seen.

ewashbrook, excellent render also, nice to know there is at least one Solidworks user here.

8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Wow Maki you make me want to get better. I was going to post some of my renders in here but I'd honestly just embarrass myself.

Last edited: 4 May 2014
  9. DesignBlueprinter

Neogumbercules, art is art. I insist you showcase your current work for the simple logic of, it will allow us and also you, to see growth as you work hard on your rendering techniques and software suite, and post/share gradually better and better renderings.

To express my point better, watch this youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm posting my current progress in my thread here. Once I have something I can consider a "finished product" I'll post some final renders.

11. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey gang, been awhile hasn't it. Anyways I've been on the vaping scene and wanted to design a 26650 mechanical mod. so here is a few images of my latest work. Hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Noswal

Noswal What's a Dremel?

Hey, new to this thread.

I've been trying to set up materials for my cpu block. I can't seem to get the delrin cap to look right. Here's what I have so far from Rhino3D rendered with the VRay plugin: [​IMG]

I based it on the default graphite material in VRay since that is the closest, but adjustments don't seem to bring me closer to what it's like. Here are some reference pictures I'm basing my render on: [PureOC's review of the block].

13. JonU

JonU What's a Dremel?

Just started work on this at the beginning of the week. Just got Inventor installed last week and I'm still working on figuring everything out, but I'm quite happy with where I'm at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DesignBlueprinter

Nice inventor work, keep it up.

15. Noswal

Noswal What's a Dremel?

Started work on the radiators. Koolance provided model on the right, my modifications on the left. There's too much light in this one. Also, I can't figure out how to make the matte finish not look like a bunch of sparkles.
    [​IMG]
    Koolance HX-120XC. Drawn in Rhino3D, rendered with Vray plugin.

16. DesignBlueprinter

The sparkly effect is barely noticeable. How many versions have you churned out so far trying to correct it?

17. Noswal

Noswal What's a Dremel?

My attempts were in the teens for this material. I gave up and decided to finish modeling the other parts and revisit this later.

18. DesignBlueprinter

Any new progress? Hope all has been well.

19. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey gang, SketchUp Pro 2015 64bit is out. In 64bit the program really shines, I'm still feeling my way around it and for the most part it feels the same but with a few nice tweaks here and there. The real star is it's now 64bit platform. If you have it tell us your thoughts.

TY Scooby

20. DesignBlueprinter

I want to try the new SketchUp, but I installed Ubuntu Linux 14.10 and have committed to learning Blender http://www.blender.org since it is completely free, and open source.

I do believe there is a way to run SketchUp for Windows in Linux, but it may not support the latest version.

Have you made any new designs with it?