1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech exit poll

Discussion in 'General' started by Xen0phobiak, 5 May 2005.

?

Who did you vote for?

Poll closed 4 Jun 2005.
  1. Conservatives

23 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Labour

24 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Liberal Democrats

42 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Green

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. BNP

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. Not Voting

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. Other

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Defacing/Blank Ballot

9 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. Can't Vote

31 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

I voted 'Not voting'. I didnt realise that spoiling your vote was something that actually get's counted and noticed. Im going to go and 'spoil my vote' in a bit. My reasons for not voting were the same as the most of the reasons given on the 'spoil my vote' websites.

2. Annemarie

Annemarie What's a Dremel?

I hope that the new goverment will focus more on renewable energy before we have wars over oil.

3. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Ah but would they do it if they got into power?

You see the Lib Dems know there not going to get into power so all they do is make unrealistic promises so they can get a few more seats.

So at the end of the day anything that comes out of that little ginger means sweet FA ;)

4. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Final results are expected to come in at around 3:30am, usually the last ones are from the folkestone consituency I believe. Sunderland south have been first for three years running and actually close roads in order to get there first - the daft yet proud buggers! :p

5. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I don't see why they wouldn't. They openly admit to wanting to raise taxes- that would seem to raise a fair amount of cash to cover it...

I find your comments about Kennedy's hair puzzling. Are you admitting to being enough of a sadsack to let someone's hair colour bother you?

Sam

6. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Defaced.

7. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

spoilt my ballot because I don't agree with teh current "first past the post" arrangement we have in this country,

bring on some electoral reform and proportional representation, I also think the aussies have the right idea, you have to vote or get fined for not doing so

8. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

If you say a vote for the Liberal Democrats/Greens/UKIP/BNP/Whatever is a wasted vote then you fail to understand both our political process and the spirit of our democracy. MP's are awarded seats in the house, granted the party that wins the right to form a government usually has a strong position but thanks to swing constituencies this has changed. The objective of voting for smaller parties than the big two is to gain seats for their MPs in the commons and reduce the government's majority. A tactical vote could cut the Labour majority in this country to ribbons resulting in a multi-faceted parliament dependent upon all parties for its decisions, given that even the major parties are internally divided over issues these day you do not need many third party MPs to swing a vote one way or the other, this has been demonstrated by the fact that on key votes Labour is having to bus MPs down from Scotland and across from Wales to vote on English issues because they cannot guarantee a positive outcome without them. A vote for a third party is just as valid as a vote for a major party and every vote will help raise the party’s profile for the next election, look at how far the Liberal Democrats have come, its not so hard to conceive of them challenging the Tories for second place now is it?

Personally I don't like first past the p[ost but we've got to work with what we've got until we can change it.

If you don’t like the major parties then do something about don’t sit at home and whine or spoil your ballot because you can’t conceive of something constructive to do :grr: . How about getting involved in your local community? All the best government initiatives were private ventures which were centralized under the government, this countries history has been written by its citizens as much as by it government, each of you has the potential to make a difference to those around you whether its at a community level or actually running for office. Why not put your skills to good use teaching computing skills or helping to repair/salvage computers for local youth/community projects? :thumb:

9. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

only mins away from hearing who ITV thinks will win the general election which basically means who has won..i want either labout or conservatives to win although i think it will be labour.

Ice

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Labour majority of 66, according to BBC's exit polls...

11. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Lib dems look a little shakey! labour down alot and lib dems hardly gain. They better hope he exit polls are way out. :rolleyes:

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well, I know that we're going to have a Labour government in Westminster tomoro.

I'm more interested in the Welsh Assembly elections, personally. Thank you BBC1 Wales :)

13. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

what? so if we all do that then what happens?

14. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

In my first vote, I voted for labour, I know there gonna win, well they better do lol.

15. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Reform. As stated.

16. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

[​IMG]

penski that cat is really really weird

17. Annemarie

Annemarie What's a Dremel?

I bet if they went on proportional representation, the tories would win easily. I have been on the bbc website at last years results and most of the country looks blue.

18. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

yeh no ****, but what happens? As stated.

19. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

dirty commie :hehe:

20. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I disagree. PR would bring a massive increase in votes for the likes of the Greens, Liberal democrats, and other smaller parties, and a decrease in votes for Labour and the Tories. I really don't think that there are that many "hidden tories" out there!

Sam