1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Correct me if I am wrong but...

The whole rule about safely rejoining the track should have never come in to play because the patch of grass he ran over was so small there was no way in hell he could have avoided getting back on the track.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I got a gut feeling Vettel is going to announce his immediate retirement, this penalty being the final straw.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You can see his car squirming when it comes back on. He did well to catch it and not clatter into Hamilton in what could have been a big crash.

Anfield likes this.
  4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Gotta say I side wth the stewards, although they gave the wrong reason.

Seb blew the chicane, lost all his speed and only held onto the lead because Hamilton stood on the brakes to avoid clattering into the side of him. He should have given up the lead, you can't gain or maintain an advantage by leaving the track, it's in the rules. But of course Seb is always right in Seb's world and the stewards stole the race from him. I also think Seb used up all his steward good will for eternity at Baku a couple of years ago when he should have been black flagged.

Hamilton got 25 seconds for less at Spa a long, long time ago, the days of Ferrari International Assistance are almost as far behind it seems.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Here here, penalty no not really as it was an error and has been said already he did well to avoid a crash but at the end of the day he cut the corner and gained an advantage so should have been forced to give up the position at least. The sulky drama afterwards was just cringe worthy.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

This. All day long.

Vettel drove a good race and would've deserved the win otherwise.

7. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I totally disagree with the stewards, I'm with Messrs. Brundle and Button. It ruined an otherwise fabulous race for me; probably the best race of the season so far. I'm just so pleased Seb went to change the numbers in front of the cars.

Total sh*te.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I donno. The penelty felt harsh but I can see the argument for it. He did regain forward momentum and could have left space but Hamilton was quite a bit behind and still had to lunge at the gap. A wider circuit it wouldnt have been an issue tho the circuit is what it is.

The tantrum was funny to watch and was up there with Magnussen for entertainment value.

I guess in take away...another mistake from Vettel. Thinking back the last Pole he had was Germany last year which ended with a mistake costing Vettel.

Edit: watching the replays more Hamilton might have gotten out of the power fairly early but that gap was always gonna disappear. I still donno what way I fall on it.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2019
  10. The_Crapman

I would agree with you if Hamilton was in the process of attempting a pass, but he wasn't. He was a second or so back and only closed up so much as heir finger had to slow to avoid slamming into the wall and Hamilton. He didn't gain anything from it, he mucked up is tyres which will have cost him some time for a couple of corners, if Hamilton wasn't so busy complaining he could have been right up his arse to.capitalose. Hell, at Monaco pushing your opponent towards a wall to prevent an overtake is a valid and oft used defensive maneuver.

I think his tantrum was fairly justified, the number switching amusing and he immediately said to Hamilton it's not your fault, not your decision. Meanwhile Hamilton was all many on the radio, during the interview said the penalty was just, but then drags an embarrassed vettel up onto the top step for a bit of good pr. Two faced shittery at it's finest. Had Senna had been the beneficiary, he would have flipped him off the entire run of the national anthems.

stonedsurd likes this.
  11. RedFlames

Had it been the other way round vettel probably would be insisting Hamilton be publicly flogged for the move...

Max would've just hit the other car.

12. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

According to Steve Jones at the end of the highlights program, there is supposedly a roumour going round that Marko is looking to replace Gasley with Hulkenberg.
    Feel Kyvatt should be given that chance should it arise.

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Looked to me like Toto was in a bit of a hurry to hit the comm's button for some reason...
    Would there be any case for penalties to be finalised between the drivers involved, before they're announced? Lewis didn't seem to be in any hurry to take the extra 7pts., but he's not gonna say no to them - I don't think any driver would.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Kvyatt is much more mature now so to me it would of made sense. Unfortunately Gasley is an OK driver living in Verstappen's shadow.

I did like Hulks response to how his car felt when asked on the grid

Brundle "Hows the car feel?"

Hulk "Brand new" :grin:

Penalty wise following the rules the penalty was correct, but it did ruin the spectacle. Though this and his other moments for want of a better work point to him simply not being able to deal with pressure anymore. He cant deal with cars chasing him down for what ever reason, just seems he gets so distracted he messes up.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Was it though? I mean sure F1 cars have amazing brakes, but I don't see how he could have avoided rejoining the track at almost full speed (due to the patch of grass being little more than car sized) and if he had tried to jerk the car around to go on the left half of the track it probably would have resulted in him crashing due to the combination of reduced grip and momentum.

Maybe at most a damned if he did, damned if he didn't rejoining of the track, but if we are going to see penalties for every such situation...

16. RedFlames

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think Mr Norris may disagree with you on the amazing brakes.

One of two situations occurred when Vettel rejoined the track,

Either he kept his foot on throttle which resulted in the squirming (most likely) and had to fight sudden wheelspin due to the loss of grip so it didnt collide with the wall

Or, he deliberately went across to block Lewis wanting to ensure his win.

Either way it happened the FIA deemed it was dangerous driving and the penalty has been issued. Looking at the points it really wont curb another merc season domination.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Man, there's some bullsh!t flying around atm.

Merc and Hamilton top the achievements of RBR and Vettel, so it's getting boring and folk are desperate for something to change the game, so they paint Vettel as an innocent victim in all this?

The same man who swindled his team mate, because team orders only matter in his favour, and the guy who wilfully rams into other drivers when things aren't going his way; but it's suddenly unthinkable that he (as legoman said) deliberately went across to block Hamilton.

Vettel has form, and I'm sure the stewards had that in mind when weighing up the incident.

Spanky likes this.
  19. RedFlames

IMO - Vettel blew it, and rather than admit he blew it he's blaming the stewards...

20. The_Crapman

Oh he's definitely a full on dick and I've enjoyed watching him toil for little to no reward. Ha ha