1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2019 thread - Season Over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 25 Nov 2018.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Merc have confirmed on Facebook, Bottas for next year.

Sam

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Good shout, he struggles sometimes but he's good points scorer and team playerand that's what the team wants in a 2nd driver.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's the safest choice.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

And Ocon confirmed for Renault, with Hulk leaving end of the season.

Interestingly, Ocon is on a 2-year deal apparently, so no Merc drive for 2021 either? Maybe Toto wants to keep a status quo on driver feedback for new regs.

All signs point to HAAS for Hulk, but we all know him and K-Mag get on about as well as Bojo and Corbin, and Gunther's health insurance doesn't cover those kinds of headaches. Hopefully Grosjean turns a corner in his performance, reminds us all what he can do when "in the zone" and they kick Kevin out to bring Nico in - I reckon a "nice guy" team mate would do wonders for him.

6. RedFlames

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I reckon Merc are after Verstappen and are waiting to see what Hamilton does after 2020. Depending what happens there will decide Bottas' short term future before deciding on comitting to Ocon.

I saw somewhere Haas confirm Kmag for the rest of his contract. Steiner also said he was choosing between Grosjea , Bottas and Ocon for the other seat.

Maybe Hulkenberg is in the running now since hes available

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Listening to Bottas talk at the press conference and reading a bit between the lines, I reckon Bottas' deal really hinged on whether Merc can find a spot for Ocon.
    My feeling is there's a "get out to go to merc" clause in his Renault contract.

As for Hulk - Listening to him talk (again, speculation), I feel he may leave F1.
    Sure, people point out that he may take Checo's seat, but I don't think Checo is under any threat whatsoever.
    Hulk to Haas would obviously be an option, but partnering KMag and racing in a slow team? I don't know if he's up for that, if he could do something else and potentially win.

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Interesting about replacing Checo. While not his best or most memorable season, hes been very solid this season IMO. A lot of midseason armchair analysis articles felt very harsh and damning and now you mentioning that has made me wonder if a roumour like that has legs.
    I agree tho that Hulk is wasted in over half the grid and might be better off fighting for wins elsewhere. In which case could Grosjean replace Perez as a cost and career saving measure?

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Isn't Perez bringing in money to RP... or was that a short-term deal to save whatever team it was he saved...?
    Yes; I know "Daddy Stroll" is a big noise in RP, but...

11. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Force India couldn't afford to get rid of Perez, who definitely brought in some substantial funding, but maybe Racing Point can? I don't think they will, though - he's more than dependable enough, knows the team and engineers very well by this point and doesn't lap Stroll JR every race to completely embarrass him.

It seems like HAAS are intent on keeping K-Mag and the shootout is for Grosjean seat, which is odd because I really never rated him.

But anyways, Albon already shown he can get closer to Max than Gasly did over the first half of the season :p

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Wasn't the summer break supposed to be work free... or was that exclusively in respect of the the cars?

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Well Perez has done a three year extension with RP so hes signed up now.

14. RedFlames

15. legoman

Well,
    Leclerc 7 tenths ahead of Vettel and 8 tenths ahead of Hamilton. Looks like this and Monza are Ferrari's to loose.

16. RedFlames

Given Ferrari's form of late, lose it they probably will

Not the best of debuts for Albon

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I wonder what ferrari will do to screw leclerc out of a win this time?

18. RedFlames

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Damn!

A lot of F2 drivers were struggling to keep the pointy end facing the right way in the practice sessions yesterday, including Hubert.
    I don't know if Spa has beeing resurfaced or something, but there were a lot of spinners.

20. legoman

Was watching it, no chance he could have go away from it, looked like he clipped someone or taken avoiding action at the top of Radion (theres a slow moving car just after he collided with barrier to the right with no rear wing) he hit the barrier and the energy brought him back before Juan Manuel Correa hit him at full speed and literally cut the car in half just behind the airbox structure