1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I like him, I reckon he could be good for the sport despite his Ferrari history.

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Ross Brawn, Jean Todt, Stefano Domenicali.....
    Until Ron Dennis is hired (Ill pass on Eddie Jordan) I'm gonna call bias :lol::hehe:

Cant argue tho for what each has achieved and are clearly respected and competent. You can list a lot of people who have been round the grid but only a handful would you consider if they where even up for the job

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Jean tott and now domenicali in the 2 top Motorsport jobs. Let's see what Ferrari gets away with next.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Given that they haven't won either title since 2008 and they've effectively been dumped into the mid field for the next two years, not very much.

Everyone seems to forget the part of three ex-Ferrari men is that they are three ex-Ferrari men who were forced out in acrimonious circumstances. As much as I think the secret deal Todt struck with Ferrari smells, it's also hurt Ferrari a lot. It's very Jean Todt to quietly work away in the background to deliver effective results and I'd argue that keeping their dirty secrets secret in exchange for destroying their competitive standing counts as effective results. Todt knows how to push Ferrari's buttons and I bet Domenicalli will follow his lead where possible.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

After seeing stefano's stints on ch4's commentary team I thoroughly like the bloke.

I think he's got a lot of integrity, like spade says the way he left Ferrari probably leaves a sour taste in his mouth anyway.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Well that race was dull as dishwater despite someone else winning...

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's sochi, when is sochi ever anything other than dull af.?

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I watched about half of it - cba with Sochi

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That was pretty decent for Sochi, got a bit dull in the middle, but some brilliant driving from Norris at the end on tyres that were gone. Grosjean was doing his best to crash too.

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Penalties ruined things again, Lewis followed what his team told him so I don't understand why he got punished at all.

Pretty much stopped watching due to all the bull crap that goes on.

Rules are rules but make them clear and as for that slalom crap dear god just arranging the polystyrene barriers so that they make a filter would have been good enough no need to swerve round stuff which in fact increased the danger as proved by Sainz.

11. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah whoever designed those polystyrene barriers needs to have his head examined, i didnt catch who it was who simply drove straight though it rather than risk the swerve around them

12. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I believe it was Grosjean

Guess F1 can call the joker lap experiment a failure then?

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

The barrier idea is fine, the issue is the way the escape road is causes a bottle neck which is what caught out Sainz, Grojean tried but Vettel basically shoved him that way.

What did annoy me was Hamiltons whinging both during and post race. Compare that to Riccardo who accepted it an just got on with it.

Overall an OK race, great fight with Norris, Russell and Albon clean fair and precisely what you want to see.

Meanwhile in F2, race abandoned after this incident

[​IMG]

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

No offense, but this is again down to not reading the race director notes, which is just a 10 page document with few pages being pictures only.

And drivers are consistently punished for team mistakes, why would be Hamilton exempt from that. Unsafe release ? You get a penalty. Lost wheel because your mechanic didn't screw it in correctly ? You get a penalty. You drive slowly to starting grid because you communicate with your team ? You get a penalty.

And in the end, this was Hamilton's fault - even if team told him so, he should have known that he is not allowed to do the test starts there. It's not like he needs to read the whole rulebook. 13 pages, 7 of those are pictures and 1 is a front page. That means it is only 5 pages of text. He should have known better to read this document multiple times after the Monza fiasco.
    https://www.fia.com/sites/default/f...x - Race Directors' Event Notes Version 3.pdf

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Which in my understanding is where he did one of them but possibly too far out. This was the arguement from the ch4 team that no distance was listed.

I'm not saying it's crap because it's Hamilton I'm saying it's crap in general, the team should get punished for instructing their drivers badly not the driver.

I'm fed up with race outcomes being messed up because of things like this. It's just a personal opinion.

I mean how come they have decided to remove the 2 points they gave Hamilton, because it was wrong and they punished the team instead. They can't exactly take his time penalty back can they.

16. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Ricciardo made a mistake during the race. Hamilton was being penalised during the race for an event that happened a day earlier, I think it's fair his reaction was different.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The stewards have changed their minds on that

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's easily resolved - make it clear that, regardless of instruction, the driver and team will be penalised.

That will put pressure on the team as a whole.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Regarless of who gets the blame, surely an experienced F1 driver should be familiar with the rules he has to abide by.

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Uhm no ? He was penalized for things he did pre-race on Sunday, in time you are going from pits to the starting grid, at 13:32 and 13:35. Pitlanes before race opened at 13:30 local time, and you can go out and back to pits multiple times if you feel something is not right etc. And Merc & Hamilton stopped twice at wrong spot.