1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Unless they need a pay driver, getting rid of Russel would be bonkers. He's shown he's got real pace even in a piss poor car.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I don't think Sir Frank Williams would have approved the sale if the new owners needed a pay driver in year 1...

4. RedFlames

Cue a Perez/Latifi pair-up

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Must say I'm liking the new track very much, changing elevations, slow hairpins from fast straights, and gravel - might be some good overtaking opportunities.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It would be ****ing hilarious if the team has a markedly better season when no longer under the (mis)management of Claire Williams.

7. RedFlames

...lolwut at that start.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

COME ON CARLOS!

...and that was nice while it lasted.

... and what did they give Checo for breakfast today?!

Last edited: 25 Oct 2020
  9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Stroll... wtaf?

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

5 sec penalty only for daddys boy, should have been a 10 sec stop and go for the sheer stupidity of attempting that in the first place.

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

An they are getting rid of Perez, in favour of him?

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Way, way back in 2007 I remember reading an article in either F1 magazine or Autosport where they reckoned the question wasn't whether or not Hamilton was one of the best ever, but where in the top 3 he would finish his career. I thought 'mmmkay, no,' and thirteen years later here we are. Shows what I know.

No, they're getting rid of Perez in favour of Vettel, who finished tenth, when a Ferrari that also finished fourth. He'll fit right in with Lance Strolldonado across the garage.

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

14. RedFlames

If?

Albon's a nice enough chap, but I think we all know he'll be off being a nice enough chap somewhere else next year.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Especially seeing he got lapped by his team mate and beat by the guy he replaced.

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Stroll needs to get lost. I don't know why even as his dad you'd want that pleb representing you. It's like watching a greased quadriplegic trying to turn a door knob. Vettel should have retired, he's completely given up and pulling himself out of that is going to be a big ask, even for the freaks of nature determined enough to get this far.

17. RedFlames

Whilst Vettel did eventually finish ahead of Kimi for his whole point, Vettel and Albon both iirc spent most of the race behind Kimi.

So when you're in a podium-capable car... finishing around/behind Kimi, who's probably just doing it for the luls at this point, in one of the slowest cars on the grid, questions are gonna get asked about whether you really should be there.

Another lolworthy stat - since Silverstone, Vettel has been out-scored points wise by Hulkenberg... Despite Hulkensub only racing 3 times total [and ones of those being a DNS]

javaman and The_Crapman like this.
  18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

19. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Think he needs to up the AI difficulty.

Goatee, fix-the-spade, David and 2 others like this.
  20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I really quite liked the track, nice to see another traditional type circuit back on the schedule.

Stand outs for me:
    • Kimi, well that was great, I thoroughly enjoyed the opening laps from him - although its been close to 10 years since we've seen anything of note from him
    • Lewis really showed he was in a different class especially in tyre management, by the time he caught back up to Bottas he had hardly taken any life out of the tyres, whilst Bottas had worn his through (Lewis seems to have learned over the years).
    • On race day the car flatters Bottas, good in qualy, not up to in on race day
    • Max, well no matter who's at fault, he always seems to be involved in collisions - shades of brilliance and probably the fastest on the grid - I'm almost inclined to suggest he'll never win a WC
    • Stroll, ohh dear - I really though he was improving, but this race placed him back in the Grosjean category
    • Carlos had a good drive, probably out performed the car
    • Leclerc outperformed the car by quite a margin - Ferrari will be happy for next year especially with Carlos on board
    • Seb, I just don't know how to things have got so bad - hope it's all in the head and the switch to Aston next year will spark him back to life
    • Brilliant race from Gasly - seems to have his head in the right place again, hopefully a step up to a bigger team in 2022
    • K-Mag and Grosjean - they really won't be missed next year
    • Russel needs to be in a better car, then at least we will get a true evaluation of how fast he is
    • Latifi - who?
    • Albon, surely that's it for him now - really nice guy but so far behind Max it's scary
    • Kvyat, he'll be joining Albon in another series next year
    • A little better from Ocon this race, but didn't stand out
    • Norris needs to up his game a little, although unlucky early on getting taken out by Lance
    • Danny and Perez trundled around, nothing spectacular, nothing too bad
    • I can't even remember seeing Giovinazzi