1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Toss-up between Alfa and Haas for the worst car on the grid.

EDIT:

$troll doesn't sound salty... at all... nooooooo

Last edited: 8 Aug 2020
  2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I think that is still the case, the "problem" for Max may well just be how much (or rather little) they can turn up the wick in Q3.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Max is going to be interesting tomorrow hes on the hard compound were everyone else on mediums.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

DC on Sky F1?

I assume they were just using the footage from F1 TV, but it was odd hearing his voice interviewing Bottas

5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Good overtakes by Albon, no racing incident yet.

6. RedFlames

Looks like Merc are trashing their tyres.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Looks like Verstappen's tyre compound choice, was a master stroke. Thought it might be, given the weather forecast.

8. David

Great drive by Max - well deserved result.

Norris in the points again - not something you can say for his current or future team mate.

Vettel. LOL. Well done Seb, go out with a whimper.

9. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Well driven by Max, lol for Vettel, solid job by Racing Point.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yeah, at the rate he is going backwards he'll be lucky if he can get a seat at Alfa next year to play 2nd fiddle to Kimi:hehe:

Big Elf likes this.
  11. RedFlames

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Conspiracy theory....Vettel is underperforming on purpose.

I mean he wasn't exactly let go very nicely was he :)

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Never know, little tantrum time.

Good race, tyres great call by Pirelli livens up the racing. Merc running so much downforce the just tear the tyres up.

Max, I called him being one to watch, very impressive.

Only thing I would have liked is to have seen Hulk futher up, he deserved more. He may have put him self on a few teams radar for next season with his performance.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I think Webber hit it on the head when he said Vettel has checked out, he's thinking about an alpine beach in Switzerland. I honestly think he's going to retire, Aston Martin in 2021 has nothing of note to offer him, he's got money, he's got the titles. Lawrence Stroll won't build him a championship winning car and even if they did Lewis, Max and Charles are very much in the way (to say nothing of the McMercs and Renaults). They're all clinging on for the budget cap next year but it isn't going to turn the series on it's head the way some teams seem to think it will.

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

A lot of talk that Hulk put himself on Aston martins radar. Hulk, Perez, Vettel and Stroll for 2 seats, I know which 2 i would choose.

I also wonder about Raikkonen and Giovinazzi. Car isnt great but neither driver is setting the world alight. Even Haas must at this point must be looking at Hill and thinking.

Vettel has checked out. Slaming the team over the radio, blanking Binotto when he talked to him over radio. Hes nuking those bridges and i cant see the team giving much support even if he did work his socks off. Probably is doing the minimal until the divorse happens. His last year at Red Bull he seemed to check out as well

16. RedFlames

Going from some of the interviews I don't think Hulk is actually that bothered. I'm sure he'd take a drive if he was offered one but if not, back to whatever he was doing. His general mood seems to be 'I had my shot at it, now it's the turn of other people'.

Vettel, mentally he's out the door, down the road an on a flight home. If this had been a 'regular' season you could see him being involved in a summer break switcheroo. He quite clearly does not want to be there, and I think it's more acute and noticeable than it was when he parted from RBR. In the same way Sainz is looking at Ferrari and wondering if he made a mistake, not-yet-Aston are probably looking at Vettel and wondering if it's actually worth the grief, offering Vettel a drive. Basically Vettel has turned into Alonso.

RoGro, KMag, Giovinazzi and Kimi [Maybe Sainz too] I think are just seat warmers until some of the Ferrari academy kids from the lower formulas [probably Schumacher] mature a bit and/or qualify for a super license.

17. David

I'm surprised rogro and kmag still have a drive, with the likes of hulk on the sidelines. I think he's a bit of a journeyman driver, but he's still a league above those two

stonedsurd likes this.
  18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not that easy when one is the son of the owner.
    And if Aston Martin is willing to pass on the marketing opportunity of having a 4 time champion in the other seat remains to be seen...

Where does that leave the other two?
    Retirement.
    (unless Haas finally bins their useless duo and frees up some seats).

19. javaman

Yea, Vettel could be double edged. Great for marketing and should be solid driver but what are his demands.

I guess it depends on if theyre getting papa strolls money regardless of his sons involvement and if he has any sway over the decision making process. Hes a big gun atm but that can change. Look at McLaren for shifts in power overnight.

Haas, Alfa Romeo and you never know with Williams if theyre bought what could happen.

Wonder if the new rules might entice some new teams. Haas have done well IMO espcially compared to the previous batch

20. javaman

Lando Norris making fun of Ferrari