1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I think he was talking to Ferrari and decided not to. With Toto at Merc and the new rules delayed I cant see Hamilton leaving for another couple of years.

Anyone for a Surprise return to Ferrari for Raikkonen for a season?

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I see Ferrari recruiting an understudy to CLC - He's clearly the real deal, and I can't see him being a no.2.

I'm not a fan, so I'm probably a little biased, but Vettel's options are probably severely limited. Those four WDCs won't mean a great deal in contract negotiations any more - I think he's rinsed that for all it's worth over the last six years, and I don't think he's distinguished himself enough over younger, cheaper drivers to be an attractive option. Plus his penchant for hissy fits will count against him.

Last edited: 12 May 2020
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Shame I was looking forward to seeing him getting annihilated by leclerc this year and I'm sure it's more about him becoming the number 2 than money. I don't know if he will walk away, he's stubborn enough to hang around and try and prove he's still got it. If mercedes jnr or Renault offer him a seat it might be tempting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis went to Ferrari, I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Merc. He really can't lose as leclerc is still on a steep learning curve, even with all that natural talent and Lewis would likely come out the victor when mind games come into play and Mercedes don't seem like the team to take a severe wrong tune in development of the new reg cars. Ferrari might though.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that writing's been on the wall since Sochi, at least they've all acknowledged it now.

I reckon it will be Sainz or Ricciardo, which is why Seb has offer from Renault and Mclaren, they're both trying to pull a driver swap. My bet is Ricciardo in the end, Renault don't seem to know if they're going to take F1 seriously or not, Ricciardo really, really wants to be champion and he's pretty bulletproof under pressure. If Ferrari make him a low-ish ball offer but promise a fair stab at the title (beat Leclerc, we support you, don't beat Leclerc, do as we tell you) he'll be there in a flash.

I don't think Ferrari will define a number 1 and 2 between Leclerc and whoever comes next. It'll be the first time since 2007 they've had two drivers who aren't already a champion driving and they'll let the two of them sort it out like Kimi and Felipe did.

Hamilton or Alonso would be very surprising to me. I don't see Hamilton turning his back on the Mercedes crew like that, some of them have been with him since 2007 and I doubt Ferrari woul take them on. Alonso's got his eye on Indy and other stuff that's more fun.

6. fix-the-spade

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I think when he crashed in Germany 2018... the writing was on the wall then imo.

That was when the penny seemed to drop he wasn't winning another title and/or winning one with/for Ferrari. It's been pretty much downhill for him since then.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Be amusing if Riccardo signs for McLaren, Renault decide to take a French driver because French so he ends up at Alfa with Kimmi.

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Didn't Seb's current lack of form coincide (somewhat) with becoming a father...?

10. RedFlames

Well given he has 3 kids... doubtful... and [imo] his current slump started long before sprog #3 happened.

11. fix-the-spade

I'm expecting retirement and/or dicking about in GT3 and prototypes.
    First kid came shortly before the 2014 season... dun dun duuuuhhhhh!!!

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I knew it was summat to do with a 'recent' child arriving...
    Three...??

13. RedFlames

Most recent in November? 2019... [iirc he was late to a race weekend bc of it]

14. javaman

Seb was alaways error prone especially wheel to wheel racing and made a meal of winning titles even where the car clearly better. Alonso/Ferrari had no business being contenders yet he somehow dragged the car into contention. The Red Bull was formidable during that title run.

2018 when Ferrari had the better car for most of the season both him and the team screwed up what should have been a Ferrari championship. Yes Raikkonen wasnt spectacular but was still solid while Bottas was nowhere for Merc. Hamilton dragged and beat that merc into submission to win that title.

His lack of form came from that crash in Germany. That snowballed into more and more errors eg spin at Imola as merc improved and he came under more scrutiny before Leclerc arrived and went toe to toe further increasing the scrutiny and pressure.

For me he has always been on par with Hill or Villeneuve. Good driver who happened to be in the right car at the right time but ultimately needed to be undisputed number one otherwise he would start to crack under pressure.

I will say in his defence that he likes a certain driving style that the blown double diffuser afforded. The change in Regs for the turbo era and loosing the rear downforce it afforded seems to impacted him harder than most other drivers

15. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Well I think I was fairly close based on the current rumour mill!

16. javaman

17. RedFlames

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Meh was hoping it was going to be mister shoe champagne himself.

Sainz is okay too though.

19. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Except one was Minardi, and the other Toro Rosso :)

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev